Canada Post Postal Delivery (On Foot Or Driving A Postal Van) On-call Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Postal Delivery (On Foot Or Driving A Postal Van) On-call Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nanaimo, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (Nanaimo, BC (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Filled in online application, submitted resume
They called about a month and a half after application and did a filtering interview to ensure I was interested in on-call work, informing me that there was no guarantee of hours.

Arrive at main post office, five candidates arrive at same time, sit in lunch room with postal workers wandering about, buying things from vending machines etc.

2 HR people (male and female) arrive and get us paper questionnaires requesting basic personal information and reference info.

Workers leave (I think their jobs started and lunch room cleared out) and candidates given multiple choice test

The female HR person advises us that they are looking for 5 people (there are 5 here so odds look good that we will be hired).

Complete test.

Female HR asks us if we could do the interview portion of the hiring protocol today because they are in a rush to get it completed and we all agree. She explains the rest of the hiring procedure if we pass the test and interview.

1 week in postal carrier training and driver training in Victoria and we must drive there each day because they won't pay for a hotel in Victoria (1.5 hours away)

Test
wrote multiple choice test that evaluated reading comprehension (basically reading postal notices in French and English and determining what they say), simple addition and multiplication, address comparison (are these two addresses exactly the same) and memorization (memorize four columns of addresses eight items long/ next section>turn page/ without looking at previous page identify which column each address came from). This last section was hard for me.

Interview
2:1
While delivering mail you are approached by an angry and unreasonable customer complaining about a box that should have been delivered earlier, what would you do?
While delivering mail you approach a stairway covered in snow what do you do?
If you are sorting mail and there was no one next to you doing the sorting for another route, and nobody but you noticed, what would you do?
Give an example of when you resolved a problem with a teammate whose actions you did not agree with.
Give an example of when you asked for help to resolve a problem.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you asked for help from someone?   Answer Question
  • While delivering mail an unruly customer comes up to you angry that his package arrived later than it was supposed to. What would you do?   1 Answer