Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 19, 2018

2.6

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online through the company website. Had to do an online test within a specific time period. Three days later got a call to attend an interview at workplace. After a half an hour interview I was told to fill up few forms. Within a week got another call of acceptance and a letter to attend a weeks training.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle an uncooperative colleague?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very professional, comfortable. Started with a phone interview, then in-person. Several different HR people handled the file but good communication. Was able to directly connect with hiring manager and interview team.

Interview Questions

• Competency based-give concrete examples of your statements and follow up proof.   Answer Question

Process Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Initial Telephone interview, Written test on computer based on knowledge , excel and AutoCAD in person and then came back for another round of in person. The final interview

RSMC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview is the final step, everything happens on line and they do not care who you are or what you bring to the table as long as you have a minivan and a clean driving record, that's it. They just want to have you there for taking your fingerprints and perform a security check. That is the actual purpose of the "interview"

Interview Questions

• yes or no format, they tell you that this is a mail carrier position and will not have the same pay/benefits of actual mail carriers   1 Answer

Mail Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

One on one, background based confirmations. Asked about academics, hobbies, affiliations, volunteer work, preferences to type of work and machines operated including at summer jobs and part time work

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Straightforward. Took about a month for them to call me. The interview itself was pretty easy. Scenario questions were asked (along the lines of what would you do if you saw a coworker that was struggling and you were in a good position at the time with your own work).

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a coworker that was causing some issues to you or others.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post in September 2017.

Interview

The first step is the invitation to the General Aptitude Test. I passed that then received an invitation for an interview. Passed the interview and received an invitation for a physical test at a physio clinic. Passed that and then went for security clearence/fingerprint check. Passed that and got offered the job.

Overall it was a good experience. Just requires a lot of patience in between steps.

Engineering Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Was brought into the local HQ and greated by the HR director. They use the STAR method and it is good to have some pervious coop experince. also do your research and know the company.

Interview Questions

• what is one of time you werent able to meet a deadline. What did you do about it?   Answer Question
    • one time when you did not settle for anything short if excellence   Answer Question
    • A time where you had to take in information   Answer Question

Casual Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was two parts. A verbal question and answer portion followed by a written test (mostly mathematical- easy-).

They are looking for certain words and steps in your answers. Make sure to fully elaborate the steps of each scenario and use descriptive words

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were having problems with a co worker   Answer Question

On Call Delivery Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2017.

Interview

Apply online with resume & cover letter. You are contacted via email to take an online general abilities test. The company will call you by phone to set up an interview. You must be prepared to bring a drivers abstract, character letter, filled out Personal security screening firm which they email to you.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if could not access the mailbox due to a barking dog on the porch?   2 Answers