Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.6

Process Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email about 3 weeks after applying.
    They were very nice about rescheduling the interview.
    Had to wait at security desk before interview.
    Interviewer came to get me and brought me to a meeting room.
    There were 2 interviewers, 40 min interview.
    Said they'd email their decision within the next week but didn't.

Interview Questions

• 3 situational questions. Name a time when...
      1) you made sure your work was of the highest quality & how
      2) you collected data from multiple sources. What did you do with the information?
      3) you failed to submit something on time. What did you learn?   1 Answer
    • Rate you proficiency from 1 -5:
      - coding
      - CAD
      - excel
      - minitab   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and completed an online test. I then received a phone call about in-person availability, followed by an email with all of the documents I'd need to bring with me. Had a 7:30am interview. Instead of advising me of the following on the phone, they waited to advise me of these key facts in-person: You may not get any on-call workdays except for Christmas; we'll sometimes call you with as little as two hours notice; you'll be expected to report to any depot within a 50km radius of your home and you won't necessarily work locally; on-call carriers have a chance of becoming full time staff which will take two to seven years. Wow. Advice to CP: advise people on the phone of these facts, before an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you want to work at Canada Post?" All questions were read awkwardly by the HR rep from a sheet of paper while they scribbled down answers. Needless to say, I would describe the experience as very amateur and unprofessional.   Answer Question

Relief Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied on line with a current resume, Got invited for the GAT testing, passed this, then got accepted for an interview, Passed this and a few days later was set up for the Carriers functions test, Found this relatively easy, as was used to Use of force training..

Interview Questions

• Asked about water hazard in the building how would I deal with it being first on scene.   Answer Question

RSMC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Give me an example of a situation where you have to be resourceful and what did you do? and how did you handle it. describe about customer service experience and how was your experience dealing with angry customers

Interview Questions

• how my educational path was inline with a future career and why they should hire me.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then they sent their General Aptitude Test which took an hour. After that, they offered me an interview. The questions included why do you want to work for Canada Post? how will your other work experiences help you with this job? What would you do if you had a conflict with a coworker? And some scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Canada Post?
      How will your other work experiences help you with this job?
      What would you do if you had a conflict with a coworker?
      And some scenario questions   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

At Canada Post to be considered for the position of a Letter Carrier (Delivery Agent) - On-call you must pass the first part of our selection process which is the General Abilities Test.
    The GAT is a mandatory online assessment that is used to evaluate your general cognitive ability and customer service orientation. You must successfully complete the GAT to be considered for the position listed above.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post in February 2017.

Interview

They first asked me to do a test on the computer at home. I didnt hear from them after that for 6 months. Then they called me for an interview and again disappeared for 2 months. Then I had to mail the HR manager to know about the status when they told me I am hired.

Interview Questions

• Asked me what I do atm. If I worked anywhere before. Any kind of incident occurred there? What I would do in such and such situation. Pretty simple questions actually.   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

Here is my story....

Took about a week and a half from start to finish. Applied 3 days before the posting closed, did the standard GAT, (simple if you have common sense and your wits about you). Then got an email a day later saying i was successful, and come for interview 3 days later.

Did interview with the operations manager of trucking operations, but correspondence with a HR employee.

Standard Interview, STAR behaviour based interview along with some "what would you do if you were in this situation". As long as you are able to answer in the STAR format, you should be fine. Relate your answers to their questions etc.
    Also there was some chit chat, get to know who you are are and who, what the company is all about.

After that, went home, and that afternoon, was told i was successful, and moved onto security clearance process. Less than a week from the initial interview date, security process was cleared, and i was offered the position. Training starts in a bit.

Interview Questions

• i.e: tell me a time you worked with a difficult colleague
      i.e. you are confronted with X, how would you respond to that situation, what would YOU do...   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2017.

Interview

The process was a bit stressful because I did not know what to expect coming in or out of it as Canada post is not an engineering company primarily

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

During the interview you are ask basic questions and are given situation in which you can encounter. You are also aks about past work experiences and how they can relate to position.