Canada Post Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.6

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and after few days I got an invitation to do online GAT. Make sure to follow the requirement to open the test with the video and audio. Need to fully concentrated and it took around 90- 100 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How to handle customer complaint properly.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations on salary, and working shift based on availability, mostly evening and night shift.

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2016.

Interview

After completing the online test I went for an interview, I was told I passed the interview on the spot. The next step was to get a background check and a physical test. This is where the experience went down hill. They told me to email and make an appointment to get my fingers prints taken for the background check. Once I got home I emailed asking if I could set something up for the next day... No reply to the email, The next morning I called, no answer, called again, no answer. Left a message to try and set up an appointment to get my finger prints taken.

I then went to my appointment for the physical portion of the interview which I'm 100% sure I passed. after that I finally got in contact with someone to get my finger prints taken for the background check. this whole process was done at the end of November. I emailed mid December to see what was going on and they said they were still waiting on the background check, emailed again in the new year, still waiting on the background check. As of writing this I have not heard anything from them. I have taken another job which also required a background check (this took 3 days).

Interview Questions

• Why canada post?
      What type of work environment do you prefer?

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online for a full time postal clerk desk position and got called for an interview Found out online job description was incorrect. interviewed me for a on call sorting facility job. 4 basic questions nothing too challenging. Took 20 minutes to find someone to interview me on scheduled date. Did not get a call back until a month later. HR women was very unprofessional and hounding. Had to call back twice to get correct information.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you noticed a health and safety issue and what did you do about it.   1 Answer

Mail Despatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canada Post (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview process was friendly, chatty and professional. One male and one female interviewer. They seemed to want to put me at ease and get a sense of who I was without being too intrusive. This is not a highly skilled job so there is no need for skill-based or technical questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions mainly had to do with why I was interested in working for Canada Post and whether I was prepared to do shift work if necessary.   Answer Question

Mail Carrier Temporary Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canada Post in October 2016.

Interview

Online tests easy, then asked to get driving abstract, letter reference, proof payroll from job, form to apply for security, etc. all this takes alot of time-before even getting offer of a job(before interview)
    One disinterested interviewer made me feel very uneasy. Reads questions of a paper, writes down answers. Only people who are able to *bull* the greatest in the interviews will get the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your idea of the perfect workday?
      What would you do if you came into work and there was a hazard on the floor and no supervisor around?
      Example of a time you gave perfect customer service?

Inside Postal Worker PO4 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Originally applied for the letter carrier position. Four days after applying I was invited to complete the GAT (General Appitude Test) online. I did not hear back from this so I created a profile and applied for a Temportary On-Call Postal Clerk position when it was advertised. 2-3 weeks later I was contacted for an interview. I was told the questions Behavioral or competency based. In other words instead of saying what you would do in a certain situation, you recount what you actually did in a situation in the past. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and I believe tried to make me feel at ease so I could answer the questions to the best of my ability. After that the offer and paperwork to be hired came quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you intervened in a conflict. ( Or words to that effect). Other questions include how you responded to a time sensitive situation. A few other questions I cannot recall. Nothing strange or unusual.   1 Answer

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online on October 4th 2016 and received an invite to do the online GAT Testing on October 6th, 2016. Then followed the face-to-face interview on November 8th, 2016 and finger prints capture. Later that day I received another mail for pre-placement fitness test. I got that done by the November 10th, 2016. Waiting for their response now.

Interview Questions

• General suitability questions, behavioral and well as situational questions. I had four questions in all and everything lasted for about 30 - 40 minutes.   1 Answer

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Hamilton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Nice people, good interview, short, i don't remember all the details but it was short, well organized and positive. There were 2 human resources managers and one supervisor, they asked 4 questions. Some kind of scenarios about different and difficult situations. We discussed my experience, expectations and plans for a future.

Officer, Contracts and Business Cases Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied in August 2016. I was invited for an interview via email 2 weeks later.
    Attended the interview, a group of 2 people (Director and HR manager).

They told me about the job, and duties expected of the officer.

The Questions were all behavioural and situational questions. I was required to use the STAR method. The director did not seem interested in the interview, but the HR manager was far better.

I got a regret email 2 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. How I handled a situation I would normally not be in charge of. (i.e manager/supervisor would usually step in)   Answer Question

On Call Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online, did an online assessment test and got scheduled for an interview at Eastern Avenue.The interview process was quick, was told I got hired right away after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Did you have any experience before?
      Why do you want to work at Canada Post?
      Tell me something about yourself?