Canada Post Supervisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

3.3

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Emailed a personality test. If you succeed, they will offer 3 slots at 8am for the interview. Very stupid, they giving you the questions before hand so you can prepare huge lies!!

2 managers were there doing the interview, just writing off your 5 stories. Managers are looking into your leadership personality so why have a personality test? As if a Manager would be better at finding out who a person is.

Advice to HR, the personality test and CV should already be able to tell you who to hire. Job is easy, anyone who passes the personality test can do it. The personality test result is 90% of your answer. Reduce the test time by 20%.

I arrived late, Terrebonne to Canada Post took me me 1h30, I miscalculated 1h10 driving time with Google telling me it would take between 40-50min. I didn't have time to prepare the stories since I was already starting a new job 2 weeks prior and was too busy with meetings and learning the environment. Arriving late and stress from work made it difficult. If you don't have a job it's very easy to fake everything about your stories and personality.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a story about your Leadership in previous job with Canada Post's 5 leadership behaviours.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Canada Post

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

No organized.
    Unprofessional
    The interview process was 3 stages.
    Stage one was to do a computer test.
    Stage two was to interview with 3 people.
    Stage three was to interview with a director.
    Once all stages were completed, then they contacted me for a job offer.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

it is competency based; remember STAR

Interview Questions

• give us an example of when you were in team environment and you had to conivnce someone to do something   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2013.

Interview

The application process is done electronically through the canada post careers website. I submitted my resume and after a couple of weeks I received a call and did a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview process you then have to complete an online skills test. This test confirms you have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word. You will need to have a decent understanding of both. If you pass this stage then you get called for a formal interview. The interview was a panel interview attended by 3 Canada post personnel. One person essentially is the witness and 2 individuals are actually conducting the interview. The interview consisted of examples of past job experience and how it ties into the current job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where things didn't go your way. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. The job is a unionized position. it was a contract position.

Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post in June 2012.

Interview

Very pleasant. Personality profile type interview. Normally there would be 2-3 in the interview, but I just had one. The HR lady was extremely open about what to expect on the job, as well as salary, scheduling, and work culture. I felt very comfortable and left without any unanswered questions. I asked blunt questions about things I had heard and she was really open and up front about things. She took a lot of notes, writing down key phrases I had said. Overall, probably one of the smartest, most open interviews I've ever been through.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2009.

Interview

Series of tests and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to make a judgement call to go above your direct boss?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Wasn't one. The offer was acceptable.