Canada's Wonderland Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canada's Wonderland Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Vaughn, MT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughn, MT) in March 2016.

Interview

Initially I applied and my application was placed on hold for about a week and a half, I was worried because other people heard back within 12 hours. I called to ask why my application was on hold, and it turns out they put it on hold because of my availability (summer school, etc). I then called after a week and a half to change that. Three days after I changed my application, I got a call from wonderland. They asked me about the importance of cleanliness, safety, service and etc. I was then put on hold, and then they asked me to come in for an interview.

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I applied online, called me and did a brief phone interview about my availability, asked questions on importance of safety and why I would be a good fit to work there. After this, they scheduled a time for me to come in.
    Went in, group interview. 9 people in my group, introduced ourselves, activity where if we were trapped on a desert island what three things would we bring. Then they gave us scenarios to solve as a group. That was it. Super easy, basically everyone passed.

Merchandise Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, the process took less than a day. Went in for the pre-screening interview (remember to dress nicely!), and it mainly consisted of yes/no questions on availability, and two questions relating to the cornerstones. After this, you'll get told if you made it to the group interview, which I did. Was in a room with 3 other people and 1 person lead the activities while another one watched. Did 3 activities, consisting of making name tents and drawing 3 pictures on it that relate to us and explain it to everyone, building a structure with specific qualities, and choosing 2 scenario cards and answering them as a group. We didn't properly build the structure with the designated qualities, but it was fun nonetheless. All of us got the job.

Interview Questions

• What does service and courtesy mean to you?   Answer Question
    • How does service and courtesy relate to the job you're applying for (merchandise sales associate)?   Answer Question

Park Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in April 2017.

Interview

you have to check in, wait for them to call your name and go into the interview room. I was so nervous I said 'um' the whole time but the interviewer was nice about it. I remembered from reading on here that all you have to do is incorporate the four cornerstones in our answer and you'll pass the interview and move onto the group interview. We wait to be called again but with a group of others and are asked to do 3 activities together. They make you wait again and call you up one by one to tell you if you got it then have to wait again to get your instructions for the orientation. It was my first interview and looking back it was actually pretty fun. The only negative is that it was supposed to take 2 hours total but it took so much longer and most of it was the waiting period in between getting called then asked to wait again to get called and wait again

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

The process took almost a month. I applied online and got called in for an interview after two weeks. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland. It started off as a group interview. First, we were asked to introduce ourselves in front of the group along with three things that best described us. Then, it's a group activity, where you have to work with other people that are sitting at the same table. There will be two people sitting at the back of the room monitoring your performance. Then we were asked to wait outside in the lobby.The second half of the interview is a one on one interview. This stage is the moment that you would figure out whether you get the job or not.

Interview Questions

• A customer bought a T-shirt at one of the merchandise stores by using a coupon. However, the customer later on discovered that he did not get the discount, and he asks you for help. What would you do?   Answer Question

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

Interview

Applied online, got an email for an interview, go to the hr building on interview date, check in, wait for interview, when called up, u get a brief interview with basic questions (availability (8am-2am in the summer, etc.), importance of 4 cornerstones (why is safety important, cleanliness, etc.)). B/c i said I wasn't available to train during school months, I didnt get called back. So just say u are available and open!! But i did get an email during the summer for another interview and I went. I got a group interview with 3 other people. There were like 16 cards with 4 categories and 4 questions each for each person to ask and answer while two hr reps critique u. The last four cards were pictures of food and we had to pick one and sell the item to the hr people. Group interviews r fun bc u can see that everyone is nervous, but use that to ur advantage and try to stand out. Pretty easy questions. Everyone got the job!!

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities that'll help our department succeed?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if an employee taught you a shortcut in doing something by skipping steps?   1 Answer
    • What would you do if someone complained about high prices?   1 Answer
    • Whos job is it to keep the park clean?   Answer Question
    • Why is cleanliness an important factor in the food and beverage department?   Answer Question

Food Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)).

Interview

You get a small introduction interview where they ask you when you are available and allergies and stuff. Flexible hours is the most important factor whether you move on or not.

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Pre screening interview, simple questions such as why you want to work there and why safety is important. After passing the pre screening interview, you're invited for a group interview. There's a person writing down how you perform etc but he's in the back so try to ignore him. We did three things for the interview :
    1. Introduce yourself, what position you applied for, and pick stuffed animal. Explain why you picked it.
    2. Build something together with the group with the given.
    3. Pick 2 scenarios at random and discuss and answer the questions.
    After that you leave and in a couple minutes they call you up one by one to let you know if you got the job! 3/5 got the job.

Interview Questions

• There's a angry customer who bought something but did not their discount on it. What would you do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation in pay. You either get the job or not. You come back for uniforms and training on another day.

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

You sign in at the HR building for your interview and wait to be called in for a group interview with 3-4 other people. Make sure that you shake the hands of any staff to encounter, meaning the person that called you in and the person waiting in the room who will be watching over the interview. You will either have to describe your self or show how a toy from Snoopy represents you. Just be yourself when answering. Then you'll do a group activity. Mine involved building a marble rollercoaster set in a certain amount of time. Be involved and give advice as much as possible to show leadership skills. Finally, you will be answering scenario questions as a group. Include the 4 Cornerstones in your answers and make sure you have your say in answers. By doing all of this, it's pretty much guaranteed you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• Someone wants to buy something but it is out of stock at your shop, what do you do?   1 Answer

Food Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada's Wonderland (Vaughan, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

1. pre screening interview
    - asks u your age, availability, access to a vehicle etc.
    - my interviewer asked me why i wanna work in this department? (incorporate the 4 cornerstones in your answer)

**the interviewer needs to pass you to move on to the group interview**

2. Group interview
    - my group consists of 5 people (including myself)
    - we played 2 truths and a lie
    - 3 scenario questions (what would u do in this situation if....)

3. Interviewer calls you back in for your results
    - they said since i laughed, smiled and looked like i was having the time of my life, they hired me. Also, try to participate in the group activities.

TIP: SMILE AND LAUGH ALOT and good luck!! :)

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work in the food and beverage department?   Answer Question