Canadian National Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Track Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Stevens Point, WI) in February 2010.

Interview

It was a fairly basic interview. Mostly discussing your previous employment and asking questions to make sure you are OK with certain aspects of the job, such as; travel, performing strenuous labor, being on call, or working nights. The interview consisted our two people evaluating you and lasted approximately an hour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any issues with traveling? You can be gone for a week or longer at times.   Answer Question

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

In-person interview with testing. I was sent by a recruiter.
    The HR Rep made me feel quite uncomfortable, even arguing with me about my responses to the questions being asked. Instructions for testing were not clear.

Urban Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was half in French, half in English. Questions were regarding the railway industry in general, as well as which planning laws, acts, regulations would be involved in planning processes for CN. I met with the Planning Director, and we did a 1 on 1 interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. I felt comfortable during the interview, but did not ever hear back even though they said I would hear back either way.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway in March 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, personalized, down to earth and comfortable. Challenging questions and shows the level of expertise and professionalism. It started with a phone screening and moved to the first face to face interview. The process was very clear.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was good. They ask you initially if you agree to the shifts they have. A Human Resources person and the Senior Supervisor for Customer Service interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a situation where you have to be resourceful and what did you do?   Answer Question

Signal Maintainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moncton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Moncton, NB (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

We were maybe 25 guys in a conference room, we had to take an aptitude test that lasted maybe 1 hour? After the the test, i think they faxed them to montreal for review/correction of the tests. We had to wait there. Then they get the results, the supervisor named everybody that passed (about 10) then was the interview at the signals supervisors office with the HR from montreal on the phone. Then wait 1+ month at home, get a call for eye/ear tests, drug test and medical.then wait another few weeks. Called me up on a thursday to be ready for monday to start work haha.

Interview Questions

• How many sick days i took last year?   1 Answer

Trainmaster Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Canadian National Railway (Aurora, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

First part of Interview - Roll playing, I played as if I already had a position as supervisor, I was away for a week and recieved negative feedback about my 2 employees... How do I deal with it. Next was question and answer- situational questions (what if, what would you do?...)

Interview Questions

• Last question and paper to sign was do you have any kind of criminal record at all? followed by - We will check and we will find it if you do.   2 Answers