Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Natural Resources Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2017

2.7

Interview

Applied online through CNRL's career site in late May for the September work term (8 months). Received a phone call about three weeks later from HR Recruiter to set up an phone interview with the department manager and supervisor who I would be working with. Questions were all behavioral based.

Interview Questions

• - What do you know about CNRL? Why do you want to work here?
      - What are your strengths/weaknesses?
      - Tell me about a time you set a goal for yourself and how you went about achieving it
      - Where do you see yourself 3-5 years from now?
      - When was a time you had a problem with a team member/co-worker? How did you resolve it?
      - When was a time you were under pressure/faced a tight schedule and what did you do?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

Typical HR boilerplate interviews, asking the same questions that are a dozen years old. No basic courtesies offered - I was kept waiting 30 minutes, no offer of a drink or opportunity to hang up my coat. Interviews usually with >1 person, then usually a second given with higher management if you pass the first interview. Poor attempt was made to make you feel comfortable, which properly predicted that it isn't a 'kind and gentle' place to work.

Interview Questions

• All were pretty standard. Nothing creative or weird - pretty old school.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were not particularly open to negotiation.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Fairly standard interview for an oil and gas production company with mix of behavioral and technical questions, with mix of hiring managers, leads, HR. HR rep was friendly and fair in his questions. Managers had good questions and didn't ask anything out of the ordinary - focused on skills and culture fit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work, describe the situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Joint Venture Accounting Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed in Calgary (bankers hall), one accountant and her supervisor. Very smooth, behavioural questions, not technical questions. Called for interview 1 week after I applied, received offer few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Engineering Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got called for a briefing session and interview. The call took about 2 weeks after application. Interview was behavioural mainly very easy about 30 minute. The response time after interview was another 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

I applied online and heard back 4 weeks later. The interview was on the phone with one HR employee and one engineer. Basic behavioral, past work experience and project and team work related problems. Lasted about an hour and i was offered the job 2 weeks later. The overall experience was good and I would not stress over this interview. Just be yourself and stay calm. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• When have you seen something unsafe at work and how did you correct it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

one hour process and one manager and one supervisor interviewing me. not intimidating at all, just basic questions that are job and education backgrounds related. also lots of behaviour questions but expected.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with excel?
      What role do you play in the team?
      What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Conventional/Thermal Engineering(16 Months) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was behavioral and everything was quite comfortable. Duration approximately 35 minutes. I was interviewed by two people. One of them was campus hiring manager and the other was engineer form thermal field.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation that you dealt with stress and made succes.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources.

Interview

I received a phone call and answered several questions on the phone. The only way I was able to get the interview was from an employee referral. Basic, easy HR questions were asked. Then about a week later, I received the offer letter.

Supply Management Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Natural Resources (Fort McMurray, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online, received a screening call from the Recruiter who was really encouraging and advertising the benefits of the company. She then arranged a face to face interview with hiring manager and another Team Lead. They were pretty pleasant and I did not feel any pressure. I did not hear anything back for about 1 month, before hiring manager called and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate