Canadian Pacific Railway Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Pacific Railway Interview Questions

Interviews at Canadian Pacific Railway

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Calgary, TX) in January 2019.

Interview

very friendly and warm, also wanted to understand what other experience i have and how that relates to the role and the environment. Also the hierarchy of the team was explained and also all team expectations

Sr. Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2018.

Interview

Hr Questions its a standard behaviour questions we can find it in internet. Its a technical position but they just asked behaviour questions. Hr Questions its a standard behaviour questions we can find it in internet. Its a technical position but they just asked behaviour questions

Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Saint Paul, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

Three people inexperienced as humans let alone HR, drill you on pat questions from
    A forgotten era i.e. The nineties. First apply on line wait, forget and move on.

Interview Questions

• How many times were you sick last year?   1 Answer

Service Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

1) Initial phone interview 2) Then a half-day "job preview" that consisted of skills assessment (math and typing tests), job shadowing and behavioral interview.

The behavioral interview consisted of four separate questions and were fairly easy to answer. The interview was conducted by two supervisors who worked in the department for which I was applying. Although each of the questions was open ended, each of the interviewers asked questions and wanted further details when I answered.

If you have had any type of customer service experience, the behavioral interview will be a breeze as long as you take your time and answer the questions that they are asking.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to act on something important, but were unprepared to do so.   Answer Question

The job requires to be on call 24/7 and mandatory overtime. If I was younger and didn't have young children, I would be all over this job. The benefits and pay are excellent, but they expect you to devote your life to the company and job.

Mechanical Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway.

Interview

Behavioral based interview, you can find many examples online as long as you are will in to look. Things that show safety will help you and willing to hold people accountable.

Office Interview

Interview

Explained how the railroad is not a normal job with normal hours or normal days off but did explain the compensation and benefits are very good of you are willing to put in effort. Promotions can be had as well

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Saint Paul, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Was a basic behavioral interview with a focus on working all shifts and safety processes. It was a one on one interview and they were short questions. I felt like I had the job when I was at the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw an employee violating a ruke   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online and within two weeks, I was emailed about attending an interview. In the email, they sent practice questions with the STAR/SHARE method.
    There were 17 positions available and 50 applicants. A 90min presentation about the company and job description came before the interviews.
    This was the shortest interview of my life, under ten minutes. One conductor and an HR rep, but it was quick and easy with only one behavioral question.

Interview Questions

• Mostly experience based questions: have you worked with heavy equipment? Ever use a two-way radio? Can you work holidays/nights/over nights? Have you worked away from home for more than a day?   Answer Question
    • The behavioral question was: Tell me a time when you saw someone working in an unsafe manner. What did you do?   1 Answer

Conductor Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in October 2017.

Interview

It is a behavioral based interview to which you have to use experiences you had as far as your decision making and processes that let up to that decision. Not the typical interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a situation in which you had to think on the fly to better serve a customer or when you was broke down to get back going while not having a lot to work with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway (Detroit, MI) in May 2014.

Interview

Long long long long tedious and a monotony filled experience if I ever had one truly difficult to get on cp rail, one of the highest paying railroads but most difficult to get hired with

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked in adverse weather conditions and were highly stressed   Answer Question