Canadian Solar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (San Ramon, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter shortly thereafter. The phone interview went well, and I was called in for an in-person interview with the Director of HR and the Hiring Manager. I was told that interview went "great," but received absolutely zero follow-up after being told I'd be contacted within a week about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity- how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Interview

The interview process is very basic. It's so vanilla it's not even worth mentioning how ridiculously easy it is to be hired there. They literally will take anyone willing to work for them, especially if you're good looking. Once you're employed there, they'll exploit the heck out of you and try to pay you peanuts for it.

They'll gossip about your performance to co-workers and even make up stuff that isn't true to get your coworkers to dislike you and treat you poorly. Management will even go as far as telling your peers (in Chinese) how much they don't like you and they'll do it right in front of you. If you're smart and don't already know Chinese, learn it BEFORE going to work there so you know when they're talking negatively about you to your peers.

Don't expect management to care about your issues because it's likely that management is the reason why you have a grievance to begin with. Management intentionally poisons the minds of the peer group. This is a strategy they use to create trust amongst the Chinese employees in the US. They create trust so they can use the Chinese speaking employees as spies for when they're living back in China. The C-levels only come to the US a few times a year to maintain their visa status; otherwise, they have key people in the office that they trust to filter information about other employees to them on a daily basis.

They only employ a small group of US people so they can teach the Chinese employees how to do business in the US - and so they can better blend in with & learn the US culture. They call themselves "Canadian Solar", but they're straight up China. Several years ago, after defrauding investors, they used the money they stole to build a manufacturing plant in Canada. But until that point, they had one person who answered a dummy phone in Canada to make it look like they were a Canadian company. They were never a Canadian company. They use the Canadian name only because the CEO and his wife Hanbing Zhang went to college in Canada; otherwise, they're pure China.

Negotiation

Sadly, I accepted the offer.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (San Ramon, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very detailed and thorough process. Had multiple rounds of interviews with top management and global teams. This was stressful but helped me learning about the company, and management team; also learnt that how thorough and professional this process was.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Solar industry and panels   1 Answer

Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

first round:phone interview. A hr ask some basic information, education, work experience, work visa...He also ask some experience of programming. I need to rate those skills using 1-10.
    second round:on site

Interview Questions

• Tell us your PLC experience
      What is the inverter? What the function of this?
      If you make a mistake, will you tell your manager?
      Do you have any team work experience? Tell us about it

Planning and Allocation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Overall assessment : Unprofessional, unstructured and unorganized interview

Lack of interest in the candidate: probably the decision was already made. I couldn't understand why they invited me. They even did not have an idea about my CV.

gender stereotyping
    Prejudiced approach

Receptionist was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Your strengths
      Why and how do you fit
      No specific questions regarding experiences
      No technical question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

An HR and a accounting supervisor came over to interview. You are asked a few basic behavioral questions and a few technical questions (Excel, VBA, etc.). HR is pretty chill; the interview process is not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an openworkbook and activeworkbook in VBA?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

There were four people including the HR manager who took interviews. All of them were very friendly and supportive. A very smooth process. Questions were mainly asked from the resume and the academic background.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied the maintenance position in Guelph,ON through the referral of my friend who works in there. I was interviewed by two people, one hr and one supervisor of that position. The HR's questions are very general and the supervisor asked me some questions about my working abilities and skills.
    They are very nice and friendly and I thought I perform not bad. The supervisor suggested me to conduct the second stage- a math test. But the HR rejected cause she thinks she has another interview after me. I felt a little bit bad at that moment. So one week later, I received the email from HR said they are unable to process my application at this time...

MANUFACTURING POSITION Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Job fair interview. Toured plant great people. Then they discussed wage it it was to low and no way of advancing to get better pay. Looked like a nice place to work. But pay was too low

Interview Questions

• Was asked how many previous jobs I had. If I was experienced in 5S work area standard.   Answer Question

Incoming Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

two quality engineers and one recruiter interviewed me together, each one asked me 3 questions. The recruiter mainly focus on my career background as well as my personal interest in the future career. Two quality engineers asked me the questions related to my academic background, previous work experience and the understanding of the position

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you apply this position?
      2. Tell me some statistical tools used in quality control