Canadian Solar Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Solar Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.5

Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in April 2017.

Interview

first round:phone interview. A hr ask some basic information, education, work experience, work visa...He also ask some experience of programming. I need to rate those skills using 1-10.
    second round:on site

Interview Questions

• Tell us your PLC experience
      What is the inverter? What the function of this?
      If you make a mistake, will you tell your manager?
      Do you have any team work experience? Tell us about it   Answer Question

Incoming Quality Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

two quality engineers and one recruiter interviewed me together, each one asked me 3 questions. The recruiter mainly focus on my career background as well as my personal interest in the future career. Two quality engineers asked me the questions related to my academic background, previous work experience and the understanding of the position

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you apply this position?
      2. Tell me some statistical tools used in quality control   Answer Question

Planning and Allocation Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Overall assessment : Unprofessional, unstructured and unorganized interview

Lack of interest in the candidate: probably the decision was already made. I couldn't understand why they invited me. They even did not have an idea about my CV.

gender stereotyping
    Prejudiced approach

Receptionist was very friendly

Interview Questions

• Your strengths
      Why and how do you fit
      No specific questions regarding experiences
      No technical question   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

An HR and a accounting supervisor came over to interview. You are asked a few basic behavioral questions and a few technical questions (Excel, VBA, etc.). HR is pretty chill; the interview process is not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between an openworkbook and activeworkbook in VBA?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (San Ramon, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn and was contacted by a recruiter shortly thereafter. The phone interview went well, and I was called in for an in-person interview with the Director of HR and the Hiring Manager. I was told that interview went "great," but received absolutely zero follow-up after being told I'd be contacted within a week about their decision.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you were faced with adversity- how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Interview

There were four people including the HR manager who took interviews. All of them were very friendly and supportive. A very smooth process. Questions were mainly asked from the resume and the academic background.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied the maintenance position in Guelph,ON through the referral of my friend who works in there. I was interviewed by two people, one hr and one supervisor of that position. The HR's questions are very general and the supervisor asked me some questions about my working abilities and skills.
    They are very nice and friendly and I thought I perform not bad. The supervisor suggested me to conduct the second stage- a math test. But the HR rejected cause she thinks she has another interview after me. I felt a little bit bad at that moment. So one week later, I received the email from HR said they are unable to process my application at this time...

Production Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

Job fair at a local hotel. Filled in the application. Was interviewed by someone from HR. Standard questions on production experience and pay. Then to the factory for more interviews with a Supervisor and HR and then a walk of the floor a followed by a soldering test, even though I had never soldered before

Interview Questions

• Previously worked, doing what, for how long, why did i leave   1 Answer

Negotiation

Hourly position. fixed rates

General Labourer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviews were handled by a staffing agency, did a simple math test, and a simple dexterity test. Pretty standard interview for a basic position. Then the interviewer said I could have the job but I would probably be bored with it, I still accepted and it turned out the job was not anything like she said it would be.

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Solar (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2014.

Interview

Absoluter Chaos im Vorfeld der Terminierungen-wurde 3mal verschoben. Die HR Abteilung konnte nicht erreicht werden, kein Rückruf. Das Gespräch verlief absolut unproduktiv, da nicht vorbeitet. Es wurden Fragen gestellt, aus denen hervorging, dass mein CV nur oberflächlich bekannt war. Es fanden insgesamt 2 gespräche vor Ort statt. Die Qualität der beiden Gespräche war wie oben beschrieben-Katastrophal. Beim ersten Gespräch kam die Abteilungsleiterin ca. 30 Minuten später als angekündigt, um dann wieder nach 20 Minuten zu verschwinden. Dazwischen wurde das Unternehmen vorgestellt und erzählt wie toll alles ist.

Interview Questions

• Keine klare Linie erkennbar, es war alles sehr improvisiert.   Answer Question