Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2016

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Trenton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. Not too many questions, almost a desperate and demanding vibe from interviewer. Pushy as to when I could start. I had plenty of experience therefore not many questions were asked about my skills.

Interview Questions

• When Can You Start? Can You Start Tomorrow?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Langford, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I went into the store and handed my resume to customer service, they immediately asked if I could do a quick interview and when I said yes they brought down a manager to interview me. I then went up to the employee floor and she looked over my resume and asked a few simple questions. She then simply talked to me for a while and set me up with a standard personality test. After I finished this, I went home and was called back 3 hours later asking if I'd like the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of paper is your resume on?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Belleville, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was very relaxed, informal , talked about past work experience. Sat one on one with head cashier manager. Simple questions and more of a personal conversation than an actual interview. She hired me on the spot and got me set up on schedule for training right away.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

Interview

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview

I dropped off my resume and filled out an application and about a week later I got a call to come in for a video interview. This was about 45 minutes long and assessed your skills and how well you would fit in each department.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions

• What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with store manager and discussed job title and career path. We were 1 on 1 in stores main office. It was a formal interview and mostly just personality questions to see if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; What do you consider good customer service; what are your strengths   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

- very easy
    - behavioural questions
    - my interview was written (employer left the room while I filled out a worksheet with interview questions)
    - friendly and conversational
    - not too intimidating --> high school students are often hired