Canadian Tire Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2017

1.7

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Online personality quiz store review of policies and one on one interview with management. Took a group test that lasted approximately twenty minutes and reviewed together if successful was contacted by phone in about 2-3 days and offered job .

Interview Questions

• Did I have strong math skills   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in May 2017.

Interview

I applied in-person and handed my resume in at the customer service desk. I received a call two days later and went in that afternoon for the interview. The interview was short and very informal. Very few questions were asked and a position was offered at the end of the interview.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and asked simple questions. They were looking for part-time employees at the time and needed anyone to fill the position. No experience was required for the cashier job as they trained you on the first day and went through Canadian Tire University.

Interview Questions

• What are your marks in school?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Trenton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. Not too many questions, almost a desperate and demanding vibe from interviewer. Pushy as to when I could start. I had plenty of experience therefore not many questions were asked about my skills.

Interview Questions

• When Can You Start? Can You Start Tomorrow?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Langford, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Langford, BC (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

I went into the store and handed my resume to customer service, they immediately asked if I could do a quick interview and when I said yes they brought down a manager to interview me. I then went up to the employee floor and she looked over my resume and asked a few simple questions. She then simply talked to me for a while and set me up with a standard personality test. After I finished this, I went home and was called back 3 hours later asking if I'd like the job.

Interview Questions

• What kind of paper is your resume on?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belleville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Belleville, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Was very relaxed, informal , talked about past work experience. Sat one on one with head cashier manager. Simple questions and more of a personal conversation than an actual interview. She hired me on the spot and got me set up on schedule for training right away.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

Interview

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

It was super easy, applied in store, just handed my resume. I was asked questions on my availability and when I could start. Was also asked about how school was going, it was a super casual conversation. No need to know any specifics. Was a fairly informal interview, very simple. Didn't need any previous retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with talking to customers?   1 Answer
    • Are you able to do simple math?   1 Answer