Canadian Tire Department Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Department Manager Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was a lot about my personality and my behaviour. It is very important that you fit in the existing culture. Since Canadian Tire is a franchise system, it's very common that the franchisee is at least involved in the hiring process. It's very likely that you talk to a manager and the owner of the store if you apply for a management position. For regular positions (floor staff, cashier) the owner might not be involved in the hiring process. It is definitely helpful if you know a thing or two about the retail business. Prepare yourself, talk to people who work at Canadian Tire.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult coworker in the past?
    Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
    Tell me about a situation where you really excelled in the past?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was not negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2008.

Interview

was hired at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way up over the years, asking for the position internally when one came available

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, take it or leave it