Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 4, 2017

2.5

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Content Producer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview and they asked a lot of questions about processes. What was my process for this or that to see if I had done it in the past.

Interview Questions

• What would be your process to take on a photography project?   Answer Question

Next Generation Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for a phone screen. They wont give you an email for a heads up but it was very basic and straightforward. The phone screen is a quick,
    'Tell me about yourself'(Your university, program and experience) and

rate your skills with these programming languages (basic, intermediate and expert):
    Python, Java and JS, HTML, C and C++, SQL, Hadoop, Networking and VBA.

Once passed Phone screen, you are invited for 'NGTP Hack-a-thon Day' a week later. this went from 8:30 - 6:00. This is a full day interview with 22 other people and you will be working in a group of 4 to make a solution and present to everyone. Than the ending part is a chance for networking with fellow NGT and HR.

8:30am - 10:00am: Introduction, more info about the program, tell everyone about yourself.

10:00am - 12:00pm: We are split into groups of 4 to work on the Hack-a-Thon project.

Than you have to make a solution design that will answer at least 4 of the 8 answers. You were also given tables of data

How would your solution scale?
    How would you keep user info safe?
    How can you display results from sales to the ROI?
    How to design infrastructure?
    How to maintain your solution? How would your interface look and behave?
    How do you take customer input?
    How can you manipulate the table to get information on your platform?

2 hours to prepare and than each group will have 5 minutes to present. You will be marked on Questions responses (60%), Group Collaboration(30%) and Presentation(10%). No writing code, just Pseudocode.

While working on the Questions, someone would come by and write some notes than leave. Or they will just watch and see how you work as a team.

12:00-12:30pm: lunch

12:30-2:00pm: Present your solution. You and your team had to Present your solution in 5 minutes and then it is open for questioning.

2:30-4:00: A higher-level member of the Canadian Tire Corporation came and talked with us. It was inspiring listening to this person stories and changes made with the company. Also creating this NGT program. This member was making fun at a candidate for wearing a tie throughout the presentation (Do not wear a tie when doing your interview. One of the NGT person told me that they got there tie cut off).

4:00-6:00: you get to network with fellow NGT and HR people. Ask question about the program and their experience. You can leave at this time, but I stayed till 6:00.

If you make it to the next steps, you will hear from them for next round by the end of the week. I got a call saying i did not make it to the next steps. The lady just said 'based on certain criteria we will not be moving forward with you'. I called them back for more feedback and that was all she would say. Everyone was really kind and the process was amazing but not getting any more feedback, or something that was more specific made my experience negative.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with designing a customer shopping experience. You have to choose from one of the options (Chat box, Email campaign or "recombination" feature on website).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional interview processes I have ever taken part in. Initial interview with HR was straight forward. Second interview with a Senior Executive was interesting - they mentioned that the job description was not necessarily indicative of the job scope as the role was still ‘fluid’. Fair but when pushed on scope, was still not able to concretely illustrate vision for team moving forward. Was meant to hear back on next steps within 2 weeks - 2 months later after several follow up emails and voicemails, no response. Extremely unprofessional.

Retail Floor Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the general manager who was incredibly friendly and easy to talk to. He asked questions about former retail experience and how I would handle certain customer situations. Very easy interview

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Have to put something. Walked in instead of online apply manager seemed anoyed and gave me a very quick interview asked if full or part time and how long have I had a drivers license. Got told I will call you next week... I wasn't interested after that

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Development Coordinator Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Sent me an email and set up a time for a phone interview. The interviewer was not excited, but I tried to sound as excited.

I had to follow-up for a reply and then they inform me that I didn't receive the position. It's fair, cause they were looking for some more skills, but they should provide more feedback to candidates on how they can improve.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website; it took around two weeks to get an interview.
    They asked from basic question to behavior question plus technical questions.
    It is better to prepare all of these questions.

Data Scientist Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview questions that mainly focused on your past experiences, why do you want to work at this company, and an overview of what they are looking for. They stressed that they were focused on hiring more based on the person rather than experience.