Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

They are very professional. The hiring manager has in depth knowledge on accounting . She assessed my experience and skills discussing on different scenarios. She talked very friendly and demonstrated respect for me.

Interview Questions

• What do you like most about your job and what do you dislike?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Had interview with HR over the phone. Asked very specific questions regarding previous work experience. Then received had an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked lot of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were not able to meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

Great visibility to the process, great ongoing communication through the three-stage process (phone interview with Staffing, manager face-to-face, executive face-to-face).

Interview Questions

• How can you add value to the organization/what are your perceptions of the business needs and what in your background/experience will help us resolve those needs?   Answer Question

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Human Resource Manager called for a phone interview which lasted hardly 15mins. It was easy. They asked about what I do, why canadian tire, what skills I will get to Canadian tire, Salary expectation, Excel skills.

Last round was with 2 Managers but one of them didn't show up so I was left with one and I don't know if that was a good decision or not. Manager asked me to walk through the resume. What I did in my previous role. few behaviour questions. Few leadership questions.

2 case questions were asked.
    Q: What all data would you use to forecast for a promo ? and How will you plan for it ?
    Q: Give me "X" value and tell me how many bags will be checked in at an airport in 24hours.

Hope this helps everyone.

Goodluck

Journeyman Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sechelt, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Sechelt, BC (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

interview sounded promising as usual. Received a telephone interview first, shortly afterwards made the interview in person. they noted plenty of work and benefits, eg: bonuses, profit sharing and more career advancements.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were related to work topic, automotive mechanic skill sets.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

HR was very professional. Rather formal but had clearly read my background information and were keen to verify the information was accurate. The were on time and very respectful. I felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They verified the info on my resume.   1 Answer

Next Generation Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for a phone screen. They wont give you an email for a heads up but it was very basic and straightforward. The phone screen is a quick,
    'Tell me about yourself'(Your university, program and experience) and

rate your skills with these programming languages (basic, intermediate and expert):
    Python, Java and JS, HTML, C and C++, SQL, Hadoop, Networking and VBA.

Once passed Phone screen, you are invited for 'NGTP Hack-a-thon Day' a week later. this went from 8:30 - 6:00. This is a full day interview with 22 other people and you will be working in a group of 4 to make a solution and present to everyone. Than the ending part is a chance for networking with fellow NGT and HR.

8:30am - 10:00am: Introduction, more info about the program, tell everyone about yourself.

10:00am - 12:00pm: We are split into groups of 4 to work on the Hack-a-Thon project.

Than you have to make a solution design that will answer at least 4 of the 8 answers. You were also given tables of data

How would your solution scale?
    How would you keep user info safe?
    How can you display results from sales to the ROI?
    How to design infrastructure?
    How to maintain your solution? How would your interface look and behave?
    How do you take customer input?
    How can you manipulate the table to get information on your platform?

2 hours to prepare and than each group will have 5 minutes to present. You will be marked on Questions responses (60%), Group Collaboration(30%) and Presentation(10%). No writing code, just Pseudocode.

While working on the Questions, someone would come by and write some notes than leave. Or they will just watch and see how you work as a team.

12:00-12:30pm: lunch

12:30-2:00pm: Present your solution. You and your team had to Present your solution in 5 minutes and then it is open for questioning.

2:30-4:00: A higher-level member of the Canadian Tire Corporation came and talked with us. It was inspiring listening to this person stories and changes made with the company. Also creating this NGT program. This member was making fun at a candidate for wearing a tie throughout the presentation (Do not wear a tie when doing your interview. One of the NGT person told me that they got there tie cut off).

4:00-6:00: you get to network with fellow NGT and HR people. Ask question about the program and their experience. You can leave at this time, but I stayed till 6:00.

If you make it to the next steps, you will hear from them for next round by the end of the week. I got a call saying i did not make it to the next steps. The lady just said 'based on certain criteria we will not be moving forward with you'. I called them back for more feedback and that was all she would say. Everyone was really kind and the process was amazing but not getting any more feedback, or something that was more specific made my experience negative.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with designing a customer shopping experience. You have to choose from one of the options (Chat box, Email campaign or "recombination" feature on website).   Answer Question

Fraud Monitoring Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Very well organized for job fair. Pleasant interviewers with a great knowledge base of all departments hiring. Answered questions i had with ease and good information. Also have me a good rundown of the next steps in the process, as i was hired, pending background check and i left feeling very good about the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult call you took and how did you resolve it   1 Answer