Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

2.3

Sporting Goods Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2013.

Interview

Easy. Two interviews and then the job offer. There was about a week between interviews and then the job offer came roughly a week later. The office admin did the interview. I did not meet the dealer until later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kitchener, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Kitchener, ON (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

About a 45 min interview. No technical questions. The questions were more about my methodologies and ideas towards software development on past projects that i've done. I told them why I loved the company, why I wanted to work there and showed some old projects. They were really nice and chill. Only one part of the interview felt like "intense" questioning and it wasn't long.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about past projects you've worked on and your thought process behind them.   Answer Question

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Went directly to the store and asked for a job in the month of december 2015, met with one of the customer service associated and gave in my resume. After waiting for a month & half, I got called by a manager asking questions about what are my goals & how long I want to work and what department am I interested. It lasted for twenty minutes & said to come in next weekend for personal interview.
    Had a nice interview & questions asked were totally legit dedicated to the job. She then said to wait for a week or two meanwhile I called them after a week regarding my application and they asked me to come in next weekend to further discuss the responsibility (I got Job that weekend).
    I had to complete a online computer course from their university with a minimum of ten chapters within two weeks. After the completion I had to let them know that I had finished the course and depending on what week you complete, I started my training from next week.

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Good Positive interview, the hiring manager was very polite and nice and this lead to a very enjoyable interview, one of the best ones yet. For this role I think just being yourself and expressing that your are a hard worker is key

Interview Questions

• How do you first solve a problem you do not know anything about?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Face to face with General manager. A half hour interview about my experience, how I might fit, my background, personal and business. Inquires about my previous experience with the company and my current thoughts about the company and it's future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing you'd fit here?
      What are your salary expectations?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple one to one "this is what we can offer"... how does this fit your needs. What can we do to make this work? Straight ahead.

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a large group interview with approximately 100 people where 3 candidates are selected. You are to be split up into teams of 5-6 people to complete several tasks assigned by the manager. Since this position is for the biggest Canadian Tire located in the downtown core of Toronto, the process may be a little bit different.

Interview Questions

• First step was a screening in which you answer a series of fill in the blank questions. The questions are very simple and seemed to only test only basic literary skills.   Answer Question
    • Next step was a group interview. Each group is to discuss a problem assigned by the manager and the team has to present it. After the presentation, the manager will ask your team some questions regarding your solution.   1 Answer

Customer Insights Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Generic questions were asked, why do you want to leave your existing position, what are your strengths, weaknesses. Second step was a a manager interview - and a director interview.

Interview Questions

• Please provide some examples of customer insights you've used in your past working experience.
      What sources of data do you use to analyze data?
      Answer Question

Compliance Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

No phone interview, which is nice. I had a very pleasant interview with two people - manager and another person on the team. It took place at the Toronto head office on Eglinton. Lasted about an hour, asked about previous experiences relevant to the position and then some fairly easy 'what if' office scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult personal situation you encountered at work, and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview lasted around one hour and it is not difficult as I thought. There will be manager, as well as team lead to measure whether your background and experience is fit for the position. There are a lot of behaviour quesitons to test the candidates, and there is no math or case study questions. The conversation should be quite pleasant.