Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.2

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Saskatoon, SK (Canada)) in November 2017.

Interview

very relaxed and straight forward Asked very direct questions that didn't need a lot of explication to answer explained the job well and how it is a warehouse position you could still be assisting customers up front

Interview Questions

• Asked about what i liked and disliked about previous jobs, what made decide to apply with them. and what i was looking for in a job   Answer Question

Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in January 2013.

Interview

I got hired during my co-op. They pretty much offered me a job and I accepted. I was working there for maybe 3 days before they offered me a job.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

HR was very professional. Rather formal but had clearly read my background information and were keen to verify the information was accurate. The were on time and very respectful. I felt very comfortable and relaxed.

Interview Questions

• They verified the info on my resume.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Applied in person and recieved a call for an interview within a few days. Easy interview. Simple questions about my resume and job application. There were no difficult questions, just a simple conversation.

Next Generation Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for a phone screen. They wont give you an email for a heads up but it was very basic and straightforward. The phone screen is a quick,
    'Tell me about yourself'(Your university, program and experience) and

rate your skills with these programming languages (basic, intermediate and expert):
    Python, Java and JS, HTML, C and C++, SQL, Hadoop, Networking and VBA.

Once passed Phone screen, you are invited for 'NGTP Hack-a-thon Day' a week later. this went from 8:30 - 6:00. This is a full day interview with 22 other people and you will be working in a group of 4 to make a solution and present to everyone. Than the ending part is a chance for networking with fellow NGT and HR.

8:30am - 10:00am: Introduction, more info about the program, tell everyone about yourself.

10:00am - 12:00pm: We are split into groups of 4 to work on the Hack-a-Thon project.

Than you have to make a solution design that will answer at least 4 of the 8 answers. You were also given tables of data

How would your solution scale?
    How would you keep user info safe?
    How can you display results from sales to the ROI?
    How to design infrastructure?
    How to maintain your solution? How would your interface look and behave?
    How do you take customer input?
    How can you manipulate the table to get information on your platform?

2 hours to prepare and than each group will have 5 minutes to present. You will be marked on Questions responses (60%), Group Collaboration(30%) and Presentation(10%). No writing code, just Pseudocode.

While working on the Questions, someone would come by and write some notes than leave. Or they will just watch and see how you work as a team.

12:00-12:30pm: lunch

12:30-2:00pm: Present your solution. You and your team had to Present your solution in 5 minutes and then it is open for questioning.

2:30-4:00: A higher-level member of the Canadian Tire Corporation came and talked with us. It was inspiring listening to this person stories and changes made with the company. Also creating this NGT program. This member was making fun at a candidate for wearing a tie throughout the presentation (Do not wear a tie when doing your interview. One of the NGT person told me that they got there tie cut off).

4:00-6:00: you get to network with fellow NGT and HR people. Ask question about the program and their experience. You can leave at this time, but I stayed till 6:00.

If you make it to the next steps, you will hear from them for next round by the end of the week. I got a call saying i did not make it to the next steps. The lady just said 'based on certain criteria we will not be moving forward with you'. I called them back for more feedback and that was all she would say. Everyone was really kind and the process was amazing but not getting any more feedback, or something that was more specific made my experience negative.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with designing a customer shopping experience. You have to choose from one of the options (Chat box, Email campaign or "recombination" feature on website).   Answer Question

Product Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. Phone interview with HR - About 20 minutes. Typical HR stuff
    2. Face to face interview with 1 manager - Goes over resume
    3. Face to face interview with 2 managers, 1 avp - Goes over resume one more time, Why product quality, and why canadian tire

Junior Automation Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

pretty easy and some behavioral questions. asked bout your previous experience what u have done and the tasks. also ask bout your undestanding about the job. read the job descrpition before the interview

Fraud Monitoring Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Very well organized for job fair. Pleasant interviewers with a great knowledge base of all departments hiring. Answered questions i had with ease and good information. Also have me a good rundown of the next steps in the process, as i was hired, pending background check and i left feeling very good about the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a difficult call you took and how did you resolve it   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Bolton, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

You are required to write an English test, if successful you get interviewed by the hiring manager. Upon completion of the interview, you will be required to complete a physical examination and a criminal background check

Interview Questions

• What do you consider dishonesty   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty quick interview with only around 10 basic questions. Easy atmosphere, interviewer was friendly, and they went over wages with me. Offered a position, but declined.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be good customer service in a store?   1 Answer