Canadian Tire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.2

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2017.

Interview

Very easy and asked simple questions. They were looking for part-time employees at the time and needed anyone to fill the position. No experience was required for the cashier job as they trained you on the first day and went through Canadian Tire University.

Interview Questions

• What are your marks in school?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Good Positive interview, the hiring manager was very polite and nice and this lead to a very enjoyable interview, one of the best ones yet. For this role I think just being yourself and expressing that your are a hard worker is key

Interview Questions

• How do you first solve a problem you do not know anything about?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

It's a on-site face to face interview with the HR manager(Lucky me!). She reviewed my resume, asked me several questions and then talks about my availability. It's not tough.It didn't last long and mostly She didn't speak too much. I think they want to see your personality.

Interview Questions

• Introduced myself and then the basic "why" questions;why do you want to work with Canadian Tire? Why is you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Have to put something. Walked in instead of online apply manager seemed anoyed and gave me a very quick interview asked if full or part time and how long have I had a drivers license. Got told I will call you next week... I wasn't interested after that

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Trenton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Trenton, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was fairly quick and easy. Not too many questions, almost a desperate and demanding vibe from interviewer. Pushy as to when I could start. I had plenty of experience therefore not many questions were asked about my skills.

Interview Questions

• When Can You Start? Can You Start Tomorrow?   1 Answer

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Auto Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Windsor, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very well-reviewed work history and how it applied to the position. A fair and honest synopsis of the work expected. General manager and department manager both offered information. The promised training was immediately delivered.

Interview Questions

• Can I remain positive and pleasant to a rude customer?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Face to face with General manager. A half hour interview about my experience, how I might fit, my background, personal and business. Inquires about my previous experience with the company and my current thoughts about the company and it's future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing you'd fit here?
      What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple one to one "this is what we can offer"... how does this fit your needs. What can we do to make this work? Straight ahead.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was not really an interview lol just trying to get to know me briefly.
    More regarding my availability and how the training process would be like.
    She was from HR and i was expecting a structured interview however it was nothing serious.