Canadian Tire Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canadian Tire Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

it was casual, and easy, and there is not much to be said about this process but i have to fill out 30 words so I guess I'll just keep typing.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

One interview with manager, all behavioural questions. It was extremely easy. I went in one day and handed my resume to a manager. Received a call a few days later and went in for it. Took about 20 minutes with 10 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a downfall, or area you need to improve about yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to the the job posting. I got a call for an interview a day later. I attended the interview and the interview proceeded as per usual. However, at the end the interviewer decides to talk about how I was "late". I arrived on-time as the bus had some unforeseen circumstances.

To me, it honestly seemed like she said no the moment she saw me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had references   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a large group interview with approximately 100 people where 3 candidates are selected. You are to be split up into teams of 5-6 people to complete several tasks assigned by the manager. Since this position is for the biggest Canadian Tire located in the downtown core of Toronto, the process may be a little bit different.

Interview Questions

• First step was a screening in which you answer a series of fill in the blank questions. The questions are very simple and seemed to only test only basic literary skills.   Answer Question
    • Next step was a group interview. Each group is to discuss a problem assigned by the manager and the team has to present it. After the presentation, the manager will ask your team some questions regarding your solution.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

easy hire. management was good at first. then switched and these guys played favourites. everyone could tell.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. You meet with their HR and then if you do well you move on to an interview with the general manager who ends up deciding whether to hire you. Interview questions were pretty standard. They did have a personality like test, I think to determine likelihood of stealing from the company, as well as other things.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really room to negotiate it was an entry level retail job, they start people at the same amount.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2012.

Interview

Only one interview, few questions, mostly easy to answer. Tell me about your previous experience, tell me about yourself, why you choose this company. All questions related to background experience and what you expect to achieve.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Your wage, schedule and holidays.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Regina, SK (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Regina, SK (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a friend who had been working there for two weeks, and I was in search for summer job. He introduced me to the automotive manager, and I asked him if he needed anyone. After having a short conversation with him, I handed him my resume and went home. I called back a few times and finally the HR person contacted me and I went in for an interview. It was a fairly short interview and mostly involved questions asking me about myself, and how I had demonstrated leadership in my life.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrhaven, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Barrhaven, ON (Canada)) in January 2011.

Interview

In an office, sit down and one and one. There were two in total both with one person. I just shared my experience and personally focused on my customer service skills and the passion I have for ensuring customers leave satisfied.

Interview Questions

• The usual retail interview where several of the questions were scenario type. (Name a time when a customer was disappointed with a previous experience and how you turned that around for them...Name a time when..)   Answer Question