Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.4

97 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Forecast Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Human Resource Manager called for a phone interview which lasted hardly 15mins. It was easy. They asked about what I do, why canadian tire, what skills I will get to Canadian tire, Salary expectation, Excel skills.

Last round was with 2 Managers but one of them didn't show up so I was left with one and I don't know if that was a good decision or not. Manager asked me to walk through the resume. What I did in my previous role. few behaviour questions. Few leadership questions.

2 case questions were asked.
    Q: What all data would you use to forecast for a promo ? and How will you plan for it ?
    Q: Give me "X" value and tell me how many bags will be checked in at an airport in 24hours.

Hope this helps everyone.

Goodluck

Next Generation Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called a week later for a phone screen. They wont give you an email for a heads up but it was very basic and straightforward. The phone screen is a quick,
    'Tell me about yourself'(Your university, program and experience) and

rate your skills with these programming languages (basic, intermediate and expert):
    Python, Java and JS, HTML, C and C++, SQL, Hadoop, Networking and VBA.

Once passed Phone screen, you are invited for 'NGTP Hack-a-thon Day' a week later. this went from 8:30 - 6:00. This is a full day interview with 22 other people and you will be working in a group of 4 to make a solution and present to everyone. Than the ending part is a chance for networking with fellow NGT and HR.

8:30am - 10:00am: Introduction, more info about the program, tell everyone about yourself.

10:00am - 12:00pm: We are split into groups of 4 to work on the Hack-a-Thon project.

Than you have to make a solution design that will answer at least 4 of the 8 answers. You were also given tables of data

How would your solution scale?
    How would you keep user info safe?
    How can you display results from sales to the ROI?
    How to design infrastructure?
    How to maintain your solution? How would your interface look and behave?
    How do you take customer input?
    How can you manipulate the table to get information on your platform?

2 hours to prepare and than each group will have 5 minutes to present. You will be marked on Questions responses (60%), Group Collaboration(30%) and Presentation(10%). No writing code, just Pseudocode.

While working on the Questions, someone would come by and write some notes than leave. Or they will just watch and see how you work as a team.

12:00-12:30pm: lunch

12:30-2:00pm: Present your solution. You and your team had to Present your solution in 5 minutes and then it is open for questioning.

2:30-4:00: A higher-level member of the Canadian Tire Corporation came and talked with us. It was inspiring listening to this person stories and changes made with the company. Also creating this NGT program. This member was making fun at a candidate for wearing a tie throughout the presentation (Do not wear a tie when doing your interview. One of the NGT person told me that they got there tie cut off).

4:00-6:00: you get to network with fellow NGT and HR people. Ask question about the program and their experience. You can leave at this time, but I stayed till 6:00.

If you make it to the next steps, you will hear from them for next round by the end of the week. I got a call saying i did not make it to the next steps. The lady just said 'based on certain criteria we will not be moving forward with you'. I called them back for more feedback and that was all she would say. Everyone was really kind and the process was amazing but not getting any more feedback, or something that was more specific made my experience negative.

Interview Questions

• You are tasked with designing a customer shopping experience. You have to choose from one of the options (Chat box, Email campaign or "recombination" feature on website).   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

One of the most unprofessional interview processes I have ever taken part in. Initial interview with HR was straight forward. Second interview with a Senior Executive was interesting - they mentioned that the job description was not necessarily indicative of the job scope as the role was still ‘fluid’. Fair but when pushed on scope, was still not able to concretely illustrate vision for team moving forward. Was meant to hear back on next steps within 2 weeks - 2 months later after several follow up emails and voicemails, no response. Extremely unprofessional.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bolton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Bolton, ON (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

You are required to write an English test, if successful you get interviewed by the hiring manager. Upon completion of the interview, you will be required to complete a physical examination and a criminal background check

Interview Questions

• What do you consider dishonesty   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alliston, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Alliston, ON (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

there was a series of interviews, one by phone, one with human resources and one with owner of store. pretty standard but a little excessive for the amount of money they were paying

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Online personality quiz store review of policies and one on one interview with management. Took a group test that lasted approximately twenty minutes and reviewed together if successful was contacted by phone in about 2-3 days and offered job .

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Face to face with General manager. A half hour interview about my experience, how I might fit, my background, personal and business. Inquires about my previous experience with the company and my current thoughts about the company and it's future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing you'd fit here?
      What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple one to one "this is what we can offer"... how does this fit your needs. What can we do to make this work? Straight ahead.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was not really an interview lol just trying to get to know me briefly.
    More regarding my availability and how the training process would be like.
    She was from HR and i was expecting a structured interview however it was nothing serious.