Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

2.4

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website; it took around two weeks to get an interview.
    They asked from basic question to behavior question plus technical questions.
    It is better to prepare all of these questions.

Data Scientist Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview questions that mainly focused on your past experiences, why do you want to work at this company, and an overview of what they are looking for. They stressed that they were focused on hiring more based on the person rather than experience.

Programmer Analyst Co-op - Frontier Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for this job through the school. After a week I applied, I got a email from Co-op coordinator for job inter view. And I had a job interview in head office with two interviewers.
    I had 5 days to prepare answers.

Interview Questions

• they looked for someone who is very self-motivated, experience with web development and Java.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, participated in a screening call and was brought in for a 1:1 interview. The Manager was great, the interview went well. Had a great conversation about my background, the company culture and the team I'd be joining. The Manager made clear his expectations for the person filling this role.

Ultimately I didn't not receive an offer but they liked me enough to say there was another role coming up soon that they thought I'd be well suited too and would contact me when it formally opened to review candidates. The HR person followed up with me in a timely manner all through the process and was great to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with video production?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Headhunted on Monster by recruiting agency who forwarded my resume to Canadian Tire after about 3 days, I was called to go in for an in person interview.

The In-person panel interview was at Canadian Tire HQ conducted by two project contract consultants. Before the interview it was mentioned that this would be round 1 and they would then short list for round 2. The recruiting agency never told me about this interview process. After I told them, the agency told me that it was news to them. (Talk to your client much?)

When I gave the receptionist the interviewer names, she proceeded to tell me she never heard of those people and couldn't find their names in the company directory. Luckily, I had the manager's name so I gave her that. I then waited 20 minutes before one of the interviewers came to the lobby to get me. This cut into my interview time which was supposed to be a 1 hour interview.

In the interview, one of the project contract consultants straight away said she did not read my resume and proceeded to read my resume in front of me. So, why was I invited to an interview? Based on what? (How professional). During the entire interview, the two project contract consultants were bored to tears, disinterested and continually yawned the entire time I was there. The questions they asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues. They rushed me through the interview and then told me they had another meeting so I had to leave without asking important questions I had for them. I felt as if I left without having my questions answered which play a key role in if I want to work there.

First of all where is the manager? Usually a panel interview is conducted by the hiring manager along with who ever else they want in the panel interview. The two project contract consultants who interviewed me were far from qualified to be interviewing anyone. Also, these two individuals represented the face of Canadian Tire in such an unprofessional manner.

Secondly, Canadian Tire needs to understand that they as a company are also being interviewed by us, the candidates. You, the company has to convince ME that I want to work for YOU. Having unqualified project contract consultants interviewing candidates who don't read your resume is extremely lazy on the manager's part.

Manager - you need to be more involved. Project FAIL.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First round is a phone interview with HR person. If you make it to the second round there will be an in-person interview usually with two managers. You will be given a business case to prepare and present to your interviewers. In some cases they might email you the case a day before so you can work on it beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How good your MS Excel skills are? and name some of the functions you have used in the past.   Answer Question
    • There was a question on whether you know anything about forecasting where you should tell them about the different steps of it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

External Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called to book a phone screening after submitting my resume online and being referred by an employee. A few days later we had our call, pretty standard questions (salary expectations, availability to start, availability to interview over the holidays). While on the phone I was asked to go in for an in-person interview. Two days later I met with the hiring manager where we just basically talked about the role and not my experience, at all. From there it was radio silence. Not a thank you, nothing.