Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Online personality quiz store review of policies and one on one interview with management. Took a group test that lasted approximately twenty minutes and reviewed together if successful was contacted by phone in about 2-3 days and offered job .

Interview Questions

• Did I have strong math skills   1 Answer

Modeling Analyst for the Promotions Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone interview about 2 weeks later. The phone interview was with hr and it was just to discuss the position and my past experiences. After that, the next round was an in-person interview with the team manager and a senior modelling analyst. This interview was a mix of behavioural questions and technical/statistical questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain an analytical problem that you have worked with and explain the steps taken, the data used and if a presentation was involved then how was that executed.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were a part of a team and had to use your team building skills and what was your contributions/part in this team.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Oshawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

First she was 10 minutes late to show up. Then she asked me mostly about what course I did in school, what I did since and some behavioral questions which I totally blanked on and couldn't answer. The interview only lasted about 10 minutes and she said she didn't think i'd be a good fit for the store..

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you saw a friend do something wrong. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Stoney Creek, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

Face to face with General manager. A half hour interview about my experience, how I might fit, my background, personal and business. Inquires about my previous experience with the company and my current thoughts about the company and it's future.

Interview Questions

• Why do you thing you'd fit here?
      What are your salary expectations?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple one to one "this is what we can offer"... how does this fit your needs. What can we do to make this work? Straight ahead.

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was not really an interview lol just trying to get to know me briefly.
    More regarding my availability and how the training process would be like.
    She was from HR and i was expecting a structured interview however it was nothing serious.

Floor Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

First got a phone call and the phone interview was about 20 minutes, then proceeded into in person interview which lasted for about an hour. Pretty straight forward questions nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• how many holes are in the sports department how can you reduce that.   Answer Question

salary was not worth the trouble.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ancaster, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Ancaster, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Went personally to the sports manager to apply for the position, which I heard about from a friend who worked in the department. The manager seemed interested that I had sports experience but was not currently involved in any. I was called the same week for an interview and heard that I got the job exactly one week from that time.

Interview Questions

• What kind of work experience do you have?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website; it took around two weeks to get an interview.
    They asked from basic question to behavior question plus technical questions.
    It is better to prepare all of these questions.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

I found out about the job at Seneca College's co-op website, and then I went to the Canadian Tire's career website and applied for the job. I uploaded my resume and cover letter and I after couple weeks I received an email about the interview. The interview was on phone.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Met with one Manger for auto service rep position and followed up with General Manager to discuss the position offered and another available. They felt I would be most benificial to the front end and was hired for as a front end manager within the company due to the experience I had previously in that roll.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be our best choice for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I honestly had no negotiating, they asked me what I expected to start and they gave or to me. Except there follow through with raises.