Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 29, 2017

2.4

Business Systems Analyst (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Headhunted on Monster by recruiting agency who forwarded my resume to Canadian Tire after about 3 days, I was called to go in for an in person interview.

The In-person panel interview was at Canadian Tire HQ conducted by two project contract consultants. Before the interview it was mentioned that this would be round 1 and they would then short list for round 2. The recruiting agency never told me about this interview process. After I told them, the agency told me that it was news to them. (Talk to your client much?)

When I gave the receptionist the interviewer names, she proceeded to tell me she never heard of those people and couldn't find their names in the company directory. Luckily, I had the manager's name so I gave her that. I then waited 20 minutes before one of the interviewers came to the lobby to get me. This cut into my interview time which was supposed to be a 1 hour interview.

In the interview, one of the project contract consultants straight away said she did not read my resume and proceeded to read my resume in front of me. So, why was I invited to an interview? Based on what? (How professional). During the entire interview, the two project contract consultants were bored to tears, disinterested and continually yawned the entire time I was there. The questions they asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues. They rushed me through the interview and then told me they had another meeting so I had to leave without asking important questions I had for them. I felt as if I left without having my questions answered which play a key role in if I want to work there.

First of all where is the manager? Usually a panel interview is conducted by the hiring manager along with who ever else they want in the panel interview. The two project contract consultants who interviewed me were far from qualified to be interviewing anyone. Also, these two individuals represented the face of Canadian Tire in such an unprofessional manner.

Secondly, Canadian Tire needs to understand that they as a company are also being interviewed by us, the candidates. You, the company has to convince ME that I want to work for YOU. Having unqualified project contract consultants interviewing candidates who don't read your resume is extremely lazy on the manager's part.

Manager - you need to be more involved. Project FAIL.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the department manager after asking him about working at Canadian Tire. I applied and gave the manager my application. He then set me up for an interview with himself at a later date. Standard questions on situations with customers. When I was available for work. Very relaxed and easy to talk to. The interview went well and was told I should wait for a call but they had others to interview. A week or so later I was called for a second interview to see the store manager. Similar questions on situations with customers and other staff and how long I intended to work for them. Then I was told about my wage, future benefits etc. Pretty relaxed interview. A few days later got a call to see if I want the job.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First round is a phone interview with HR person. If you make it to the second round there will be an in-person interview usually with two managers. You will be given a business case to prepare and present to your interviewers. In some cases they might email you the case a day before so you can work on it beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How good your MS Excel skills are? and name some of the functions you have used in the past.   Answer Question
    • There was a question on whether you know anything about forecasting where you should tell them about the different steps of it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Process was very simple. Applied online for the position and received a call to schedule an interview after about a week. Got a few choices of time/date for the interview.

Interview was fairly easy, couple of technical and a few general questions. Seemed like the manager was looking for for a personality rather than technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Please provide an example of how you had an issue with "Product A" and how did you resolve it? Which technologies did you use?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. Couple of case studies to solve. Interviewers were great listeners. You can breeze through the interview if you know your resume and are confident in your abilities to perform the responsibilities listed in job ad. They also seem to value people you have a passion for working for Canadian Tire, so make sure you do your homework and be prepared to talk about your long term career goals.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to work with difficult people   Answer Question

External Communications Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I was called to book a phone screening after submitting my resume online and being referred by an employee. A few days later we had our call, pretty standard questions (salary expectations, availability to start, availability to interview over the holidays). While on the phone I was asked to go in for an in-person interview. Two days later I met with the hiring manager where we just basically talked about the role and not my experience, at all. From there it was radio silence. Not a thank you, nothing.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview took about 5 minutes. I was asked simple questions regarding my goal and my interests. The HR manager took the time to get to know me as a person, which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking in this company?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First was a telephone interview just going over resume and skills. They said an interview would be set for the next week. At the face-to-face interview, the interviewer had standardized questions. Interview lasted 30-40 minutes. Process was surprisingly easy. Offer was given about 4 days later.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone screening. Met up next week for an interview in the office. Asked basic questions such as why you would be a good fit to our team and why Canadian Tire. Interview lasted for 45 mins. interviewers are friendly, made the interview process very smooth