Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.4

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Just simple questions and you are good to go . They just see your available hours which benifits the company and your confidence for-sure.There were just basic questions asked about myself and moreover my available hours. And within 6 weeks I got offer from the job and got hired at Canadian tire as a sales associate.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowmanville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Bowmanville, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Met with one Manger for auto service rep position and followed up with General Manager to discuss the position offered and another available. They felt I would be most benificial to the front end and was hired for as a front end manager within the company due to the experience I had previously in that roll.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you would be our best choice for this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I honestly had no negotiating, they asked me what I expected to start and they gave or to me. Except there follow through with raises.

Data Scientist Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

Very basic interview questions that mainly focused on your past experiences, why do you want to work at this company, and an overview of what they are looking for. They stressed that they were focused on hiring more based on the person rather than experience.

Programmer Analyst Co-op - Frontier Delivery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied for this job through the school. After a week I applied, I got a email from Co-op coordinator for job inter view. And I had a job interview in head office with two interviewers.
    I had 5 days to prepare answers.

Interview Questions

• they looked for someone who is very self-motivated, experience with web development and Java.   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, participated in a screening call and was brought in for a 1:1 interview. The Manager was great, the interview went well. Had a great conversation about my background, the company culture and the team I'd be joining. The Manager made clear his expectations for the person filling this role.

Ultimately I didn't not receive an offer but they liked me enough to say there was another role coming up soon that they thought I'd be well suited too and would contact me when it formally opened to review candidates. The HR person followed up with me in a timely manner all through the process and was great to deal with.

Interview Questions

• What kind of experience do you have with video production?   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst (Contract) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Headhunted on Monster by recruiting agency who forwarded my resume to Canadian Tire after about 3 days, I was called to go in for an in person interview.

The In-person panel interview was at Canadian Tire HQ conducted by two project contract consultants. Before the interview it was mentioned that this would be round 1 and they would then short list for round 2. The recruiting agency never told me about this interview process. After I told them, the agency told me that it was news to them. (Talk to your client much?)

When I gave the receptionist the interviewer names, she proceeded to tell me she never heard of those people and couldn't find their names in the company directory. Luckily, I had the manager's name so I gave her that. I then waited 20 minutes before one of the interviewers came to the lobby to get me. This cut into my interview time which was supposed to be a 1 hour interview.

In the interview, one of the project contract consultants straight away said she did not read my resume and proceeded to read my resume in front of me. So, why was I invited to an interview? Based on what? (How professional). During the entire interview, the two project contract consultants were bored to tears, disinterested and continually yawned the entire time I was there. The questions they asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues. They rushed me through the interview and then told me they had another meeting so I had to leave without asking important questions I had for them. I felt as if I left without having my questions answered which play a key role in if I want to work there.

First of all where is the manager? Usually a panel interview is conducted by the hiring manager along with who ever else they want in the panel interview. The two project contract consultants who interviewed me were far from qualified to be interviewing anyone. Also, these two individuals represented the face of Canadian Tire in such an unprofessional manner.

Secondly, Canadian Tire needs to understand that they as a company are also being interviewed by us, the candidates. You, the company has to convince ME that I want to work for YOU. Having unqualified project contract consultants interviewing candidates who don't read your resume is extremely lazy on the manager's part.

Manager - you need to be more involved. Project FAIL.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked were more focused on giving them ideas on how to do their jobs better and solve current project issues.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with the department manager after asking him about working at Canadian Tire. I applied and gave the manager my application. He then set me up for an interview with himself at a later date. Standard questions on situations with customers. When I was available for work. Very relaxed and easy to talk to. The interview went well and was told I should wait for a call but they had others to interview. A week or so later I was called for a second interview to see the store manager. Similar questions on situations with customers and other staff and how long I intended to work for them. Then I was told about my wage, future benefits etc. Pretty relaxed interview. A few days later got a call to see if I want the job.

Cashier/Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Went directly to the store and asked for a job in the month of december 2015, met with one of the customer service associated and gave in my resume. After waiting for a month & half, I got called by a manager asking questions about what are my goals & how long I want to work and what department am I interested. It lasted for twenty minutes & said to come in next weekend for personal interview.
    Had a nice interview & questions asked were totally legit dedicated to the job. She then said to wait for a week or two meanwhile I called them after a week regarding my application and they asked me to come in next weekend to further discuss the responsibility (I got Job that weekend).
    I had to complete a online computer course from their university with a minimum of ten chapters within two weeks. After the completion I had to let them know that I had finished the course and depending on what week you complete, I started my training from next week.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First round is a phone interview with HR person. If you make it to the second round there will be an in-person interview usually with two managers. You will be given a business case to prepare and present to your interviewers. In some cases they might email you the case a day before so you can work on it beforehand.

Interview Questions

• How good your MS Excel skills are? and name some of the functions you have used in the past.   Answer Question
    • There was a question on whether you know anything about forecasting where you should tell them about the different steps of it.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2015.