Canadian Western Bank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Canadian Western Bank Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.5

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank.

Interview

The managers were very easy to talk to and were legitimately interested in everything I was saying. They immediately put me at ease with their interview style. That's not to say that the questions were easy, because they weren't, but they made a nervous candidate feel more at ease with their approach to the interview process. Probably the best interview I've ever had.

Internal Audit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the Head of the IA. Extremely professional guy and very nice person. The position was for the Capital Adequacy and questions were very relevant to the JD. I didn't get the offer because they didn't have the approval, but interviewer said that he will contact as soon as they get the approval

Loan Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call a week after my application submission. Manager asked me to come in to see him. Interview was very disorganized. He didn't have any questions prepared. He just had my resume and asked me to elaborate on my prior experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your responsibilities were for your past position   Answer Question

Interview

Although there were not any current position available I sent my resume to Head Office anyway. I had a phone interview and was set up with a face to face interview with the RVP within 2 days. The RVP touched base every 2 weeks to let me know that I had not been forgotten. Once a position came available I was contacted to go to a branch for an interview. The whole process took 4 months.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences and what they can bring to our company   Answer Question

Portfolio Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Background introduction about yourself. Questions about previous job and how previous employers comment on yourself. Brief company intro and end up with an excel test and error hunt test. Also raise questions for interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How would your previous employers describe you in 2 words?   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was so informal. The hiring manager was not even dressed appropriately. I did not even think she's a. Manager. The other manager in the room said she has other stuffs to do so just move on with their prepared 10 questions on paper and she'll come back. Interview questions are so basic and dumb. After that we shook hands and on the way out the manager asks me how much salary I wanted( so informal and I find odd) said she'll call then she called again later that afternoon asked for my basic info and best of all my credit score to be pulled. I went in even I know my credit score was not great, I knew I'm capable of the job. From there you'll be judged cuz u have a low credit score. That's sad for a company to base employment on a score when you are more capable of the job and qualified. Waste of time. I'm now hired for a better position and on my way to have a good credit score. No wonder they never go that far.

Interview Questions

• How did I get to have my position from previous job since I am Asian? ( what a question right?) discriminatory   1 Answer

Sales & Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview took an hour with 3 interviewers the Retail Manager, Teller's Manager, and Asst. Manager. They asked basic questions about career and personality. From strengths to weaknesses, tell something about yourself, and your work experience.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging part of your former job and how did you overcome this challenge?   1 Answer

QA Analyst/Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got call from HR after 2 weeks. I went to Down Town office for the HR interview and welcomed with very warm heart. HR person gave me 5 minutes to relax and breath First round went very well. Second technical round with the QA manager on same day and had very wonderful experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, HR offered the lower and there is bracket that they dont tell you. i was able to increase 8K in my package

Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was recruited into this position - the interview process was professional, detailed and comfortable. I met with three senior leaders who were interested in sharing themselves and the company as well as allowing me to express my questions and my experiences in the working world.

Interview Questions

• I was told that this was a high energy, deadline driven environment and asked to give an example of how I had handled that in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation

excellent

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick, ambiguous, and you could sense they needed people very badly. In hindsight it was obvious that there was management insecurity which became more of an issue later. Don't be nervous, despite the slow economy no one is available to be hired.