Cancer Research UK Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Strategy Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied directly through the CRUK website. I received very helpful, friendly automated email response. I was subsequently contacted by the hiring manager by email to arrange an interview date and time.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my experience developing and implementing Data Strategies in other organisations   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Interview process took about 1 month from submitting online application to receiving the offer. It was a relatively easy process with a competency based online application form and interview.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

I completed an online application form, that mainly asked about my work experience and the skills necessary for the role. About a month later, I was called in for an interview, which mainly comprised of competency based questions.

Human Resources Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Interview

First stage group task then a interview when asked about key competencies. The second stage involved a presentation that was prepared prior to interview then a interview with head of HR and another person. This was quite informal.

Research and Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

There was a one hour interview with two panel members followed by a test sent through by email later in the week. The women that interviewed me clearly had little to no experience interviewing, as they were both very quiet and seemed extremely nervous themselves. They hardly engaged with me and made me feel considerably more nervous than I would have been. Both seemed young and inexperienced.

There was a lot of questions, a little too many in my opinion, it was unnecessary. Also, I believe interviewers are supposed to prompt you a little if they require more information, but this did not happen.

Also, I was surprised to find they didn't ask me why I wanted to work for CRUK? They asked what made me want to apply for the role. But not a single question about the company. Which was annoying, as the bulk of my research on CRUK was based on them as a company. I had to find a way to work, what I had learnt, in the questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• What software have you used at University?   Answer Question
    • Why did you apply for this role?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable about presenting?   1 Answer

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview consisted of a 15 minute task at a computer, answering mock emails to several types of people that you are likely to come across on a daily bases, followed by a competency based questions by a panel of two members of the department.

Digital Innovation Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I filled out a competency based online application and was then invited to interview at the head office. I was given the name of my interviewers prior to the start.

Application

Interview

I heard back from Cancer Research UK within a week of applying online with an offer for an interview. The told me it would be roughly 45 mins and would be competency questions. On the day I had 2 interviewers (both very friendly) asking mostly competency based questions. The atmosphere was more relaxed and welcoming than I expected. The interview lasted about 30mins in total.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are really sorry that you were not successful, but we wish you the best of luck in your future career plans. Kind regards.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a telephone interview following a self recording of pre-determined interview questions - this was a new process they were trying out for the first time. The self-recording aspect was no problem and they gave you a chance to practice. The phone call had a lot of echo from their side which made it difficult to hear properly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the biggest challenges for policy makers at the moment?
      Why did you apply to the graduate scheme at cancer research uk?
      What skills do you think you could bring to this particular position and why?
      Can you think of a time when you have done something innovative to solve a problem, what was the outcome?
      Do you have any questions?   Answer Question

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for your review. We are really sorry that you were not successful in your application, but we will take into account the views about the telephone interview. We wish you the best... More

Corporate Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by interview (30 mins approx) with 2 team members. Interview constisted of mostly competency based questions - e.g. how have you dealt with a time when someone has not co-operated? Give me an example of when you have taken initiative / dealt with a problem / you have multi-tasked?

Very friendly interview and people. Make sure you do your research into the charity - it looks good to know about recent events etc.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to intern at CRUK?
      - Give me an example of a corporate partnership.   Answer Question