Cancer Research UK Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.7

Fundraising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Interview consisted of a 15 minute task at a computer, answering mock emails to several types of people that you are likely to come across on a daily bases, followed by a competency based questions by a panel of two members of the department.

Internship Interview

Application

Interview

I heard back from Cancer Research UK within a week of applying online with an offer for an interview. The told me it would be roughly 45 mins and would be competency questions. On the day I had 2 interviewers (both very friendly) asking mostly competency based questions. The atmosphere was more relaxed and welcoming than I expected. The interview lasted about 30mins in total.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing this feedback. We are really sorry that you were not successful, but we wish you the best of luck in your future career plans. Kind regards.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I had a telephone interview following a self recording of pre-determined interview questions - this was a new process they were trying out for the first time. The self-recording aspect was no problem and they gave you a chance to practice. The phone call had a lot of echo from their side which made it difficult to hear properly.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is one of the biggest challenges for policy makers at the moment?
      Why did you apply to the graduate scheme at cancer research uk?
      What skills do you think you could bring to this particular position and why?
      Can you think of a time when you have done something innovative to solve a problem, what was the outcome?
      Do you have any questions?

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for your review. We are really sorry that you were not successful in your application, but we will take into account the views about the telephone interview. We wish you the best ... More

Corporate Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by interview (30 mins approx) with 2 team members. Interview constisted of mostly competency based questions - e.g. how have you dealt with a time when someone has not co-operated? Give me an example of when you have taken initiative / dealt with a problem / you have multi-tasked?

Very friendly interview and people. Make sure you do your research into the charity - it looks good to know about recent events etc.

Interview Questions

• - Why do you want to intern at CRUK?
      - Give me an example of a corporate partnership.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Short and sweet, offer made very quickly. Asked about background and explained what they plan to do in future. Also scenario based questions asked. Technical round was fair and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Please explain what were your daily activities in your previous role.   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Thank you very much for writing your interview experience. We really appreciate the time taken to do this. We are very happy that you are pleased about your success.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Was interviewed by a HR Manager and a temp that had been working for the company for five months. No interest in anything I had to say about my work experience and absolutely no engagement throughout the interview. I had read previous reviews that this organisation is ageist and overly bureaucratic and unfortunately everything I experienced at interview confirmed that.

Interview Questions

Cancer Research UK Response

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Hello there. Thank you for writing about your interview experience for the senior administrator position. We are sorry that you had a poor experience for this interview. However we wish you the best ... More

Area Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online got called in for an interview in the Angel Building. Nice atmosphere professional environment. Interview with one of the Area Managers and a HR member. They were nice enough but was really disappointed when they didn't inform me about the outcome. You are there waiting and waiting I even phoned them, they promised to call me back but never did. I think it's unacceptable with a big company with a big HR Department. Very de motivating in terms of applying with and working for them !

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna work for us ?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle conflict amongst staff members in the shops ? Bring examples !!!!   Answer Question
    • How do you deal with customer complaints ? Bring examples!!!   Answer Question
    • Bring example of when you had to step up as a team ! What did you achieve as a team ?   Answer Question
    • What do you think this position is going to be like ?   Answer Question

Aug 11, 2016 – HR Recruitment Intern

Hello there. Thank you for writing your experience with the area support manager interview. We apologised that you did not hear back about the outcome and we will ensure to do so in future interviews ... More

Fundraising and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

An application form and then a face to face interview which lasted around 50 minuttes. It involved a 1 to 2 chat and a short writing exercise. Expenses are paid to the interview with a cap.. General questions about your motivation and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Who is someone you have been inspired by?
      Why do you want to work for CRUK?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation as an unpaid position

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Competency and behavioural questions. The usual stuff really. Quite informal, but the questions were as tricky as with other employers, just said in a nicer way. Be genuine; they look for people aligned with the current workforce.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Research UK (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Two rounds, competency based followed by interesting testing method in second round. My interview was interrupted a few times, which was poor but overall an interesting, informative and quite enjoyable process