Cancer Treatment Centers of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2018

2.9

Patient Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Schaumburg, IL) in June 2017.

Interview

email from the HR department, phone interview, then in person interview where I first sat side by side in the position I would be doing then an interview with 3 people after that

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was fairly informal with minimum questions and even less time for your own questions. There was a scheduling conflict with the HR representative at the time of interview and he was not able to show me around the unit before hire.

Interview Questions

• how long have you been a nurse?   1 Answer

Coder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in October 2015.

Interview

Have had three interviews so far and they all ask roughly the same questions. The interview process is pretty long and drawn out and I'm sort of at the point where I'm ready to back out myself. There has been no mention of even a dollar range for salary. If I did well enough on the interview I had today, which was #3, I'll have yet another interview. 4 interviews seems overkill for a position like this.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions. Describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker, how did you solve it, what was the outcome of your solution.   Answer Question

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2007.

Interview

I was contaced by a head hunter who talked me into interviewing (I had never been to Philadelphia before) and set up the interview proces. I arrived early and was impressed by the facility immediately-everyone was friendly and the place looked more like a hotel than a hospital. Human Resources offered me a bottle of water and I met briefly with the Director of Talent/HR. He went over the process I was going to go through and explained the details concenring the company from how they came to be, through the philisophies they live by to the plans for the future. Afterwards, five to seven other managers and directors joined us. Each introduced themselves as they arrived and explained their role. Once everyone was present I had a panel interview with the managers and directors which lasted over an hour. Not only did I answer their questiosn but they also took the time to answer mine. Afterwards I went on a tour withthe Director of Nursing who interduced me to the President and other key administrators before taking me on a detailed tour of the facility. Having worked at several hospitals in my career I can pick up the "vibe" on inpatient units quickly and am able to tell if this is a facility people enjoy working at or not. I was most impressed. At forst, the head hunter who contacted me had to talk me into even interviewing. After the interview I had contacted some finance people I knew at a large nation-wide hospital grou to ask them to investigate the financial stability of the organization as I had been through a lay off in the past and wanted to make sure the hospitals finances were stable. I felt that would be better left to the experts, and they reported to me that all signs were that this was a financially sound company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negoiated and ended up acccepting the initial offer as it was fair. My advice is to be open, up-front and honest. Let the company bring up salary first, ALWAYS!

Intake Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

The interview process was very nice. I was asked a lot of questions. I made sure i did a lot of research on the company. I think the interview went really well.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Short HR telephone interview reviewing resume, about 30 minutes. Hiring manager interview lasted about 45 minutes. Interview was focused on technical aspects of resume. Then 2.5 hour telephone profile interview. Interviewer was new and nervous....Very abstract.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

I had a video interview with a potential supervisor. It was a very natural and conversational interview. I received the offer for the job the next day and spent the following two weeks completing HR paperwork and the drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The internship coordinator just sat me down and talked about the job and what I wanted from the experience. We mostly talked about the procedure to get the internships. You have to dress well with a uniform and be clean shaved. They do check your background. They dont like smokers for obvious reasons. She asked about my skills and which department I would like to work in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this internship will help your future career goals?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an in-person interview on-site. Basic questions. I don't remember any curveballs. Just be sure to do some research on their hospitals and their message before going into. They were more interested in knowing why I wanted to work at CTCA and what my past experience was. Overall, it was pretty unintimidating and enjoyable. Again, they were all very nice people.

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Schaumburg, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with one of the recruiters lasted only about 30 minutes, on a Monday. Received a call the next day to set up a 1-on-1 interview with the department director for the following morning. The director was very pleasant and personable. The interview felt more like a discussion of my background and qualifications and how it would fit in with the company and their goals. We talked about the requirements of the position and a more in-depth description of the role, than the intial overview from the posting. Received a call the following Wednesday to setup an interview with the AVP. Interviewed with the AVP that Friday. Interview felt more like an opportunity to get to know one another than an in-depth interview. We briefly spoke about my background, and had a back and fourth discussion about the company, corporate strategy, future growth opportunities, and the product development process.

Received a call from the recruiter the Friday after that informing me that an internal candidate had materialized and that I would not be continuing on in the process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a conflict with another employee or employees, and how did you resolve it, if at all?   Answer Question