Cancer Treatment Centers of America Nurse Recruiter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2007.

Interview

I was contaced by a head hunter who talked me into interviewing (I had never been to Philadelphia before) and set up the interview proces. I arrived early and was impressed by the facility immediately-everyone was friendly and the place looked more like a hotel than a hospital. Human Resources offered me a bottle of water and I met briefly with the Director of Talent/HR. He went over the process I was going to go through and explained the details concenring the company from how they came to be, through the philisophies they live by to the plans for the future. Afterwards, five to seven other managers and directors joined us. Each introduced themselves as they arrived and explained their role. Once everyone was present I had a panel interview with the managers and directors which lasted over an hour. Not only did I answer their questiosn but they also took the time to answer mine. Afterwards I went on a tour withthe Director of Nursing who interduced me to the President and other key administrators before taking me on a detailed tour of the facility. Having worked at several hospitals in my career I can pick up the "vibe" on inpatient units quickly and am able to tell if this is a facility people enjoy working at or not. I was most impressed. At forst, the head hunter who contacted me had to talk me into even interviewing. After the interview I had contacted some finance people I knew at a large nation-wide hospital grou to ask them to investigate the financial stability of the organization as I had been through a lay off in the past and wanted to make sure the hospitals finances were stable. I felt that would be better left to the experts, and they reported to me that all signs were that this was a financially sound company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negoiated and ended up acccepting the initial offer as it was fair. My advice is to be open, up-front and honest. Let the company bring up salary first, ALWAYS!