Cancer Treatment Centers of America Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

3.3

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2012.

Interview

It was about a 3 step process. Went well and not to demanding. Took me about a week to get hired. I would say one of the easier ones I have done.

Communications Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

This may have been the worst interview experience I have ever had. First of all, the HR manager who worked with me did not respond to e-mails and took over a week to return phone calls. Finally, though, I was invited to meet both the aforementioned HR manager and the hiring manager. I arrive and talk for about 20 minutes with the HR manager, most of which is spent with her talking about their benefits package.

Only when this conversation ended was I told that the hiring manager would not be available to meet with me, that she had been called to an off-site meeting. When I asked if we could set another time for me to come back, she said she would get back to me. Well, she never did. I followed up by email and phone and never heard back from her or the hiring manager again. Not even an automated email to let me know they didn't want to hire me.

I understand that things come up and schedules change, but how hard would it have been to call me in advance to tell me that I'd need to reschedule part of all of the interview? Or to reschedule me when I was there? And it is beyond rude to not give any kind of a response after I take the time to prepare for the interview and then actually interview.

Non-clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2012.

Interview

Three interviews, one with a panel of people (other managers and HR people) some of whom you may end up reporting to, another with an HR hiring partner, and a third with a VP.

Interview Questions

• Why are you different, why should I choose to hire you?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

The internship coordinator just sat me down and talked about the job and what I wanted from the experience. We mostly talked about the procedure to get the internships. You have to dress well with a uniform and be clean shaved. They do check your background. They dont like smokers for obvious reasons. She asked about my skills and which department I would like to work in.

Interview Questions

• Do you think this internship will help your future career goals?   Answer Question

Management Fellows Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied through university career services and was brought in for an interview. Everything seemed to go well but was not asked to continue on to phone interview and panel interview. Questions were vague and they could not have cared less about any past experience if it did not come up in their pre-configured interview questions. My interview was with one of the current management fellows and a "Talent management analyst".

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask a past employer or professor your positive and negative qualities, what would they be   Answer Question

Respiratory Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2009.

Interview

Very comberson and copious amounts od paperwork.

Interview Questions

• If you were confronted with a difficult situation, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none.

Nurse Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2007.

Interview

I was contaced by a head hunter who talked me into interviewing (I had never been to Philadelphia before) and set up the interview proces. I arrived early and was impressed by the facility immediately-everyone was friendly and the place looked more like a hotel than a hospital. Human Resources offered me a bottle of water and I met briefly with the Director of Talent/HR. He went over the process I was going to go through and explained the details concenring the company from how they came to be, through the philisophies they live by to the plans for the future. Afterwards, five to seven other managers and directors joined us. Each introduced themselves as they arrived and explained their role. Once everyone was present I had a panel interview with the managers and directors which lasted over an hour. Not only did I answer their questiosn but they also took the time to answer mine. Afterwards I went on a tour withthe Director of Nursing who interduced me to the President and other key administrators before taking me on a detailed tour of the facility. Having worked at several hospitals in my career I can pick up the "vibe" on inpatient units quickly and am able to tell if this is a facility people enjoy working at or not. I was most impressed. At forst, the head hunter who contacted me had to talk me into even interviewing. After the interview I had contacted some finance people I knew at a large nation-wide hospital grou to ask them to investigate the financial stability of the organization as I had been through a lay off in the past and wanted to make sure the hospitals finances were stable. I felt that would be better left to the experts, and they reported to me that all signs were that this was a financially sound company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negoiated and ended up acccepting the initial offer as it was fair. My advice is to be open, up-front and honest. Let the company bring up salary first, ALWAYS!