Canon EMEA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canon EMEA Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.9

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Amsterdam (Netherlands)) in February 2017.

Interview

EASY TWO ROUNDS, experience interview based
    Experience in the industry helps, currently there is a lot of openings due to re organisation, this it opens opportunities for externals.

Prepare your experience well with specific examples, and prepare to answer behavioural questions like if you are in this situation, how would you behave.

Interview doesn't go to too detail into technical part

Interview Questions

• what is your previous experience in Supply Chain ?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with conflict of priorities   1 Answer

Negotiation

was professional and with quick feedback from HR

A marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (London, England (UK)).

Interview

HR contacted me directly via Linkedin and I had a chat with HR person on the phone and then a face to face with line manager. Up until here all ok and smooth and interview with the manager was insightful. On the face to face i was told there would be a second interview but to my surprise I directly received an offer. I was pressured by HR to give them an answer despite the fact that I requested another chat with the line Manager as there still were lots of questions unanswered.

Interview Questions

HR keep threatening to retreive the offer giving me less than 2 days to think it through. I was also being chased constantly by phone and email despite they knew I was working full time and with a hectic schedule. I found it really unfair and the experience showed me how unflexible they are as an organisation.

Canon EMEA Response

Aug 18, 2016 – Canon EMEA

Whilst we can't validate facts here, Canon runs a clear interview process with a formal offer normally only being extended after the 2nd stage meeting (sometimes later if necessary). It is however... More

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reigate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Reigate, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied on the company website, 2weeks later, I received a call to confirm my interview time for the date given, and also given a link to do an online test, attended the interview, interviewed by 3 people, the Business Manager, the Project Manager and someone from HR, they got back to me the following week.

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your CV.
      Why do you want to leave your current employer?
      Why did you apply for this job/company ?
      What do you understand by Project Governance?
      What is a Business Case, it's importance and what is included?
      Have you created a Project plan from the scratch before?
      Have you used Ms Project before? Mention some other collaborative tools you have used

Plus 5 competency based questions focusing on
      *Communicate Effectively
      *Drive for Results
      *Negotiate & Influence
      *Plan & Organise effectively
      *Take Ownership & Accountability.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA.

Interview

2 step procedure where 1st step involves HR and line manager. 2nd step involves 2 other people with whom I will work later . Questions were in relation to my past job experience and some technical and HR related questions.

Localisation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Uxbridge, England (UK)).

Interview

2 interviews, the first quite long and one with a colleague. Friendly, quite easy questions. One question about previous employer a little too intrusive. Senior manager seemed detached, the other colleague was very friendly.

Communications Specialist - Strategic Programmes - 12 Months FTC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Following a simple online application process, I was invited to a first face-to-face interview via email. The interview was not difficult but very unstructured with the interviewer having a very relaxed attitude. The job description for the role was change management and communications oriented, although the interviewer admitted that the job description was misleading as the only "communications" aspect of the role was that it sat within the communications division and the company did not need a change management function due to the "collaborative culture" of the organisation. The role in fact was for a Programme Manager position, despite the job description not alluding to this. Although the information about my visa (Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme) was provided in my online application, the interviewer stated that it may be a problem as this role has a view for permanency - again, not noted in the job advertisement. He was surprised that HR had not contacted me personally prior to the interview to confirm my visa situation. Despite all of this, the interviewer informed me that I was the first to interview for the role and that my experience and skills were a good fit. Five business days later I received an email stipulating there was excellent response to the job advertisement and my application was unsuccessful. The role was admittedly too senior for my experience. A lot of the administrative information could have been confirmed prior to the interview stage. There was no communication or involvement from HR with the job description being very misleading. The office is located in Uxbridge which is about 2 hours travel from Canary Wharf - not being the easiest of commutes. Proper execution of the recruitment process was definitely lacking in this instance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a challenging stakeholder and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (London, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process, with a telephone interview, F2F meeting and another meeting with a department manager. We talked about my CV, company related info and about company products, etc. and job description related questions.

Interview Questions

• It was all very smooth there were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Helsinki, Southern Finland (Finland)) in February 2015.

Interview

very fast (8 days from 1st interview to signing) but still well done (3 interviews) to give a good picture about the position, team and some idea of the organization

Interview Questions

• What fields in your line of work you think you have the best handle on?   Answer Question

Student Placement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reigate, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Reigate, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent CV and covering letter across, > Phone Call interview which lasted around 30 minutes with my soon to be line manager > Assessment centre involving group work, individual interviews and competency analysis

Interview Questions

• Talk me through your CV, Explain situations over coming problems. Assessment centre had IT based assessment involving data, copywriting tasks and group presentations.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Quick and clear. I was an internal applicant and the process was quick. I was invited to a first phone interview, followed by a face 2 face one with a presentation to be prepared.