Canon EMEA Communications Specialist - Strategic Programmes - 12 Months FTC Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Canon EMEA

1 Interview Review

Communications Specialist - Strategic Programmes - 12 Months FTC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon EMEA (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Following a simple online application process, I was invited to a first face-to-face interview via email. The interview was not difficult but very unstructured with the interviewer having a very relaxed attitude. The job description for the role was change management and communications oriented, although the interviewer admitted that the job description was misleading as the only "communications" aspect of the role was that it sat within the communications division and the company did not need a change management function due to the "collaborative culture" of the organisation. The role in fact was for a Programme Manager position, despite the job description not alluding to this. Although the information about my visa (Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme) was provided in my online application, the interviewer stated that it may be a problem as this role has a view for permanency - again, not noted in the job advertisement. He was surprised that HR had not contacted me personally prior to the interview to confirm my visa situation. Despite all of this, the interviewer informed me that I was the first to interview for the role and that my experience and skills were a good fit. Five business days later I received an email stipulating there was excellent response to the job advertisement and my application was unsuccessful. The role was admittedly too senior for my experience. A lot of the administrative information could have been confirmed prior to the interview stage. There was no communication or involvement from HR with the job description being very misleading. The office is located in Uxbridge which is about 2 hours travel from Canary Wharf - not being the easiest of commutes. Proper execution of the recruitment process was definitely lacking in this instance.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a challenging stakeholder and how did you deal with the situation.   Answer Question