Canon USA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Canon USA Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2017

2.7

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews: on phone with HR, in-person with direct manager, then in-person with direct manager's manager. The entire process took almost 3 months to complete. An offer was given and I had to submit to a background check (no drug test). Once background check cleared, which took about a week, i was able to officially begin onboarding.

Risk/Documentation/Credit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon USA (Mount Laurel, NJ) in April 2017.

Interview

One on one with credit and risk managers. They wanted to find out what you know about risk and credit. They asked many questions. The interview lasted one and one half hours. The managers are very cordial but you have to win them over.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Canon?   1 Answer

Marketing Rese Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview

3, 30 minute interviews. Very easy to talk to (more informal than a question and answer session). Only one of the interviews actually had somebody asking specific questions.

Interview Questions

• Your boss asks you to e-mail him something while he heads to a meeting with his boss, at the same time a client calls. What do you do?   Answer Question

Web Content Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canon USA (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Great talk with two marketing managers. Asked about me and my experience and gave a great overview of what I would be doing. Simple, they didn't ask me anything too complex.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY).

Interview

typical process, call with hr, than met with hr and manager, brought in again to meet with higher manager of dept, then a few weeks passed and was offered the position.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied on Canon Careers Website and got in touch with HR in about 1 week after I submitted my resume.
    First Interview was with HR. HR just asked basic background questions regarding experience, project I have worked on, technology/programming language I worked on, why I left current job, desired salary range.

Second interview was with Hiring Manager and Software Development team. This was phone interview. They asked about Java Experience. Some of the Questions are below and the questions are fair

Interview Questions

• 1. What are the different between final, finally, and finalize?

2. What are the different between overloading and overriding?

3. What design pattern have you worked on?

4. What is interface ? abstract class?

5. What is threading in Java?

6. what is default accessing modifier?
      Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Phone interview by HR (for approximately 15 minutes), invited to a meeting with you hiring manager (30-60 mins), and then meet with your hiring group's head (30-60 mins). Very normal and professional.

National Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (Detroit, MI) in June 2016.

Interview

Interview with sales Manager then the following week met with area VP, small sales team and seem like Canon is struggling in this area. the process took just over two weeks but I did turn down the offer

Interview Questions

• most questions was about my past experience   1 Answer

much better opportunities out there

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Laurel, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (Mount Laurel, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

There were 2 over the phone interviews and two face to face interviews. Very in-depth conversation. They are very big on culture and team work. I thought the process was very thorough.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY).

Interview

I was first contacted by the HR department to come in for a pretty general interview. They asked simple questions about my interests, past experience, and why I want to work at Canon. About 2-3 months later I was contacted by the same HR person to come in and meet with the hiring manager for a specific department. This interview was very casual and focused more on what role I would be playing if hired. Once again, I was asked to walk through my resume and discuss what I am interested in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. Offer was very fair.