Canrig Drilling Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2016

2.0

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview was great it was a phone interview, working for 4 managers and all he wanted me to do the offer pay was too low so I declined the position.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience and will I be able to assist 4 managers   1 Answer

Rigwatch Tech Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview

The interview was held in the District manager's office with one of the coordinator's sitting on the floor and listening in on the conversation. We very briefly touched on my experience. Mostly we discussed people we knew in common. The Manager spent most of his efforts selling me on the company.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Magnolia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Magnolia, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submit resume with NABORS, wait for 6 weeks, finally get called in, finally get a sit down with plant manager. The entire process took a long time due to an immense backlog of potential employees. The plant manager was pompous and self absorbed so as long as you seem just a little desperate for the job, you will get it.

Interview Questions

• What made me qualified for the job?   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Interview

I was hired through a referral process, so the interview was short and sweet. It was really more of a friendly conversation, and at the end of it all I was told on the spot that "everything looked good" and that I could expect to hear from HR in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• They were already pretty intent on hiring me, so there really weren't any difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Contracts Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview. In person interview involved three individual interviews with three different people. Hiring manager told me in the interview she was prepared to make me an offer as long as the in-person interview went well. It took two to three weeks before I was tendered an offer as Canrig HR was not expeditious about this despite the hiring manager's desire to bring me on board ASAP.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my weaknesses were. They will respect you more if you give a legitimate weakness.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

First round is a call from a recruiter. Very professional. Second round is a call from the hiring manager. Third round is a face to face interview with the hiring manager. 4th round is a face to face round table interview with upper management. Different personalities. Some easy questions, and some tough questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table, that other candidates don't?   Answer Question

Software Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online through my school's recruiting website. About two to three weeks later, I got an email scheduling an interview on campus. My interviewer gave me a technical quiz on paper, which was where the meat of the interview was. I had 25 minutes to answer four math and programming problems. After that, he asked me some personality questions, and that was it. He called back next week to extend an offer to me.

Interview Questions

• Given a string sentence, write a program that reverses it.   1 Answer

Senior Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by a fill-in for the job for which I was applying; then by a top level manager with many years of experience; then by another top level manager who had just joined the company. For the position I would be occupying, the interview was a fairly skimpy and unstructured process.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any difficult, or even probative, questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward, Got what I asked for.

Software Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview

Internship position - they used my school's system to contact us. There was a 3.0 GPA minimum. We had only a single, in-person interview. The questions were mostly technical followed by a short "get to know you" period. Fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• A question about the least number of weighings to find the one heavy ball in X balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a standard offer to all interns - no negotiation phase.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in May 2013.

Interview

Fast 1 week, 1 phone interview and 1 face to face interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for another week of vacation and a sign on bonus