Canteen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Canteen

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Long Island City, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canteen (Long Island City, NY) in February 2009.

Interview

In depth and intensive

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest account you had to secure   1 Answer

Negotiation

As fair as possible

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canteen (Sanford, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

I did a Quick online application a few days later i had an in person interview I thought I had the job one business week in total it took i got an email stating I was over qualified

Food Service Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canteen (Miami, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

I got in by someone I know that already worked in the company. So when I was in the office with the manager, he did not ask me any appropriate interview questions. I felt a little intimidated because he was trying to make jokes out of me and obviously I did not find them funny. I was hired, a week later of course and now I realise that they hire anyone because not many want to work at that location.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have handling cash registers?   2 Answers

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canteen (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

It was great. I had worked for Compass Group before, witch is Canteen is part of. I sent my resume to my now boss, after reading my resume, seeing that I had worked for them before; hired me right on the phone. No interview.

Interview Questions

• I want someone who has worked for Compass Group before   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Centreville, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canteen (Centreville, MI) in July 2018.

Interview

interviewed by michelle which was very pleasant and positive Lasted about 45 min. She had about 4 pages of questions from canteen headquarters that she had me read and respond to'

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canteen (Orlando, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

One interview that was with the accounting manager and operations manager. We talked about my experience and what the job involved. It is best to dress nicely for any position at Canteen for the interview. Driver jobs will teach you everything you need to know. You're only expected to know how to use Microsoft Office for the lower level office jobs. All the managers are friendly and the interview will probably be short because they have a lot to do.

Order Picker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canteen (Houston, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Never was interviewed they sent me an email to come on & start my on broading they don’t background check they hire just about anyone. Overall canteen vending is a great place to work if your looking to earn a paycheck

Office Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canteen.

Interview

In person interview, video interview which only allows one try at an answer, 4 references, background test, urine drug test. 2 month process. Job will need to be listed online and applied for, before you can get an offer.

Interview Questions

Canteen Response

Jul 22, 2019 – VP HR

Thank you for sharing your experience and sorry the process took so long. We have been working on making that happen much quicker. I am glad to hear you accepted our offer and hope you find the... More

District Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Chesterfield, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canteen (North Chesterfield, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

Found job on job board

Applied through Compass Group website (easy application)

Exactly 11 minutes after applying was sent a “you have an interview” email.

Interview was a digital interview thru HireVue (weird) Received confirmation email stating they would contact me.

Application still shows “under review” weeks later - Job Ad still posted on website.

Poor Communication, at this point Ive decided to just move on

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Tell me something you’ve done your most proud of? Why you applied? Tell us anything else you’d like us to know about you? Theres 6 total questions not much time to answer - Just get to the point.   Answer Question

District Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canteen (Tampa, FL) in August 2018.

Interview

Interviewed in Tampa. Extensive referral survey by email. 2nd interview in Miami. Only disappointment was that they did not let me know the status, I had to email and text to get an answer.

Interview Questions

• What my priorities were in regards to service and product output.   Answer Question