Cantor Fitzgerald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cantor Fitzgerald Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.9

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in September 2017.

Interview

Sent in an application online and was emailed by a campus recruiter to have a short phone call. Talked about resume and experience and then set me up on another call with someone in the field.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Very efficient process. Took one week. First round was a phone call with HR. Second round was a phone call with someone in the department I was applying to. Third round was a super day consisting of 4 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went completely out of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Senior Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

One interview with human resources, followed by panel review with the group I'd be working with. It was not a high pressure interview. The questions they asked made sense and gave you a decent picture of the work you would be doing. There wasn't any psycho analysis going on. It was very straightforward.

Investment Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

After I applied online, I got a phone interview. The interview was 30 minutes, the interviewer introduced briefly about the company, the team, and himself, then ask me something about my experience. Basic phone interview. After 2 weeks hearing nothing back from them, I got the internship!

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with all members of the group, beginning with the least senior, and worked my way up to the managing director. The majority of the questions were personality based, but they also inquired about my industry related background.

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Reached out to a contact that put me in touch with HR. Had an initial phone interview with HR and then was invited to a super day. Questions were mostly behavioral. Took a while to hear back after the super day.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had four separate 30-minute interviews. No technical questions, very relaxed and conversational. They want to get to know the candidates to judge how enjoyable it would be to work with them. Bulk of questions relate directly to your resume, your college, and why you chose to apply to the program. Because it was more of a conversation, it is important to research the company and the different divisions so that you can come up with questions in real-time.

Interview Questions

• What area/division are you most interested in?   1 Answer

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a recruiter and team member. Applied through a campus portal then was asked to an on campus interview. Interviews were very casual since this was the first time they were recruiting on campus.

Interview Questions

• What type of position would you like at Cantor Fitzgerald? What was your favorite class while at University?   Answer Question

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

Made it to second round of interviews. Hiring manager never called back or answered email when I followed up. I noticed the same job was posted several times months after my initial interview.

Campus Recruiter/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Where do I even start? Applied on LinkedIn and within a few days the Staff Recruiter got in touch with me to schedule a phone interview for that same day. She was 10 minutes late to my phone screen and I had to reach out to remind her we were scheduled to talk. Convo went really well nonetheless and was invited to interview in-person.

In-person interviews went well but was a hot mess since there was a LOT going on. In the middle of my interview, my interviewers were answering calls and discussing work matters as if I wasn't there. I didn't mind too much since I appreciated such an honest perspective.

I was invited to move on to the final round and had to do a marketing project, which was fine. My interview was scheduled for 11am. I arrived 15-minutes early and by 11:10am, I was still sitting in reception waiting.

Finally, the Recruiter finds me a room at 11:20am. I was not offered water or tea, the room was cold and I was annoyed. The whole time no one was communicating with me about why I was still waiting to interview.

At 11:30 the Recruiter tells me she is going to find out why the person hasn't yet shown up. She returns and tells me the person was caught up in something and if I could leave and return after 12:00pm. I ask if the person had 20 minutes because I couldn't return that day. Just because I'm searching for work doesn't mean I sit around doing nothing all day. The Recruiter relays the message but tells me the person is unable to meet me and if I can reschedule.

I tell her I did not appreciate how truly unprofessional this all was and had there been some communication about what was happening I would've been less annoyed. At least have me meet someone else, give me a tour of the building - something! I declined to meet further and ended my candidacy for the role that instance. If I'm treated with such disregard as a candidate, I'm not sure what kind of hell I'd be subjecting myself to as an employee. Overall, the worst entire experience I have ever experienced of heard of ever in life.