Cantor Fitzgerald Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cantor Fitzgerald Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2017

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

Met with all members of the group, beginning with the least senior, and worked my way up to the managing director. The majority of the questions were personality based, but they also inquired about my industry related background.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Had four separate 30-minute interviews. No technical questions, very relaxed and conversational. They want to get to know the candidates to judge how enjoyable it would be to work with them. Bulk of questions relate directly to your resume, your college, and why you chose to apply to the program. Because it was more of a conversation, it is important to research the company and the different divisions so that you can come up with questions in real-time.

Interview Questions

• What area/division are you most interested in?   1 Answer

Entry Level Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with a recruiter and team member. Applied through a campus portal then was asked to an on campus interview. Interviews were very casual since this was the first time they were recruiting on campus.

Interview Questions

• What type of position would you like at Cantor Fitzgerald? What was your favorite class while at University?   Answer Question

Compliance Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

Made it to second round of interviews. Hiring manager never called back or answered email when I followed up. I noticed the same job was posted several times months after my initial interview.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The VP was late to the interview. Sat across this huge board table arms cross, looking out window, was snide in answering me. At the end, got up and walked out of conference room ahead of me, leaving me to find way to elevator myself. Weak handshake to say goodbye, but not before asking me to hang around NYC to meet with one of her staff managers after hours. Only to get an email the following week no thanks.

Campus Recruiter/Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Where do I even start? Applied on LinkedIn and within a few days the Staff Recruiter got in touch with me to schedule a phone interview for that same day. She was 10 minutes late to my phone screen and I had to reach out to remind her we were scheduled to talk. Convo went really well nonetheless and was invited to interview in-person.

In-person interviews went well but was a hot mess since there was a LOT going on. In the middle of my interview, my interviewers were answering calls and discussing work matters as if I wasn't there. I didn't mind too much since I appreciated such an honest perspective.

I was invited to move on to the final round and had to do a marketing project, which was fine. My interview was scheduled for 11am. I arrived 15-minutes early and by 11:10am, I was still sitting in reception waiting.

Finally, the Recruiter finds me a room at 11:20am. I was not offered water or tea, the room was cold and I was annoyed. The whole time no one was communicating with me about why I was still waiting to interview.

At 11:30 the Recruiter tells me she is going to find out why the person hasn't yet shown up. She returns and tells me the person was caught up in something and if I could leave and return after 12:00pm. I ask if the person had 20 minutes because I couldn't return that day. Just because I'm searching for work doesn't mean I sit around doing nothing all day. The Recruiter relays the message but tells me the person is unable to meet me and if I can reschedule.

I tell her I did not appreciate how truly unprofessional this all was and had there been some communication about what was happening I would've been less annoyed. At least have me meet someone else, give me a tour of the building - something! I declined to meet further and ended my candidacy for the role that instance. If I'm treated with such disregard as a candidate, I'm not sure what kind of hell I'd be subjecting myself to as an employee. Overall, the worst entire experience I have ever experienced of heard of ever in life.

Vice President CoS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY).

Interview

The process lasted for months with CF at the highest levels of the organization. After rounds and rounds of interviews and only positive feedback, was ghosted by company. No response from CF after six months. The process was highly disorganized on their end and the experience was ultimately very unprofessional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied and had an initial phone interview that same week. Was scheduled to come into the office the following week. Met with four employees and was under the impression that everything was great. Followed up with a thank you note to all four employees the next day. Followed up a week 4 days later a phone call, voice mail and email. Never heard from them again.

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied through college web board. Process took about 4+ weeks from when I applied.

Went through a phone interview talking about resume and about databases, Later scheduled an in person interview a few days later.
    There were two rounds for the interview, one with the hiring manager and another after with someone of a department the manager closely works with which the hired analyst will work closely with. Around 45 minutes each. Interview was pretty simple talking about the position and your resume.

Wrote thank you letters to the two I interviewed with and received responses to my question and requested some more job background information from me.
    About two weeks later I followed up and was told awaiting manager approval and will keep me posted on the decision.
    Another 2 weeks, I followed up again and was told awaiting budget approval from the the IT director and will keep me posted.
    Followed up one last time a few weeks later and did not get any responses from the hiring manager on their decision.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied via their careers website and heard back within a few days. After speaking with a woman from HR I set up an in person interview in their New York office.(All of this happened in the span of about a week and a half) The interview went very well, I was qualified for the position and even had quite a bit in common with both the manager and the director that I was interviewed by. At the end of the interview the Director mentioned that a third manager was on vacation at the moment and that they would be in contact to set up a second interview. I walked out of the office AND THAT WAS THE LAST I HEARD FROM ANYONE. The next day I emailed the manager thanking him for taking the time to interview me and that I was looking forward to being back there soon for the second interview. No response. About a week later I emailed the HR woman about setting up the second interview. No response. 2 weeks later I emailed the HR woman again, still no response.

Long story short, take all the warnings that others have mentioned in these posts. Very unprofessional staff, very rude, very glad I do not work at Cantor.