Canuck General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canuck

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canuck (Austin, TX) in February 2010.

Interview

I worked for the owner at a previous hotel for 6 years. When he built a new Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites, he called me and offered me the job as general manager. I was very lucky in my hotel career. I was practically pushed up the ladder kicking and screaming, but my work spoke for it's self. Upon my retirement the hotel was sold and I started working in the music industry which goes hand in hand in with the hospitality industry in Austin, TX. Our city motto is the "Live Music Capital of the World. I use my marketing, sales, employee development, human resources, revenue management and chaos control and prevention with bands. It works!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a more than a fair salary as well as great bonus and incentives. On my way up the ladder, I was not so savvy and should have asked for more because of the many hours worked in middle management in the hotel industry. I was able to pay my employees more because of incentive plans that ended up being a win-win situation for both the employes (including the back of the house) and the bottom line. Do your research on the market and the employer. Determine if you can design incentives that may get them to give you bonus based on those incentives by demonstrating how they can pay for themselves or increase revenue.