Capco ATP Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco ATP Program Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2017

2.9

Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Had to reschedule with Talent Acquision Manager multiple times. Once rescheduled, he called at the time we had originally moved from. I then had to reiterate the time he had confirmed earlier for us to speak. When that time came, I never received a call. I then reached out to the recruiter and got his voicemail. He called me back stated he was busy after agreeing to meet (twice) at a specified time. I was very put off by this and the lack of professionalism by the recruiter and declined my interview invite occurring the following day. I then received an unprofessional and apologetic text message from the recruiter asking to schedule again.

I will not recommend any of my professional connections to apply here.

Interview Questions

• What time can you meet to discuss?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple.

Day 1: Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn / email.

Day 4: First call with recruiter. Went well, set up call for me with Senior Consultant.

Day 7: Call with Senior Consultant. Went well, recruiter called after to set up final round interview.

Day 11: In-person interview. Met with three Capco employee: two principal consultants and a partner. First interview was a case (had 15 min before interview to review case and write thoughts down), then we briefly reviewed the case.

Day 14: Offer given.

Recruiter was in touch and easy to work with throughout interview process.

Interview Questions

• What area of financial services are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    • What fintech trends are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • If you had to sell an unproven technology to a large client, how would you do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
    The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not progress past the phone screen, but the questions were mostly behavioral. They included questions that are typically involved in the consulting recruiting process including those involving team dynamics, working to resolve problems, and also interest in the field. The interviewer also asked me what I foresaw to be the most disruptive or prevalent issue to face the financial industry in the next decade.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially was referred by an employee . Received a phone Call immediately following my application. Phone interview with the Recruiting lead. Invited for ACD interview at the Headquarters in NYC. The best office I have ever been in. The interview was challenging yet you felt accomplished after each task. The company vibe was great and you got to take control of how you wanted to be known and remembered. Definitely would recommend the company off of this experience.

Interview Questions

• There are three phases to the Interview
      Email exercise exam 22 minutes
      Speed interviews 5 min rounds
      Case study and presentation 30 mins

I have heard the experience was different and the questions varied depending on ACD date.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer details were given and then gauged from your reaction. The initial offer was above what I was thinking and so ver satisfied with my decision to sign. Only thing bad is I was expecting a February start date because that was communicated and had to choose between two summer dates. I understood the company's reasoning for the push back but would have just like to have known that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with one phone interview, then they gauge whether or not to send you to the Assessment Center Day. Standard behavioral phone screening.

Assessment Center Day- you get a budget to book your plane and flights, unfortunately you have to front this money yourself and your reimbursement may take months as there is no confirmation on the status of your reimbursement. At the assessment center day, you start off with a little mingling, they try to have current analysts tell you how much they love their jobs, their social life etc. etc.

1st round, rapid fire questions and you'll rotate to different associates every minute or two, I believe there are at least 6 people in this rapid fire. Mix of behavioral questions, preposterous case questions (how many windows are in this office? if you buy a coconut for $3 and sell for $2 how can you make a profit?, how many credit cars are in the world right now? What US state would you get rid of?) Walk me through your resume, y'know standard stuff.

2nd round, an email summarizing activity, which is timed.

3rd round, group case interview. Had a pretty dumb group to be honest, so I guess you can pray to the grouping gods to get a team that has done a case.

Tips: bring in your phone to the interview process, use the whiteboard during the case, and keep time with your phone even though the front desk lady will keep insisting that you don't.

Overall, pretty bizarre process, I hope that this recruitment tactic has helped them find associates they like the phone screening process was a breeze and it feels a bit too easy to get a crack at the assessment center day. Didn't feel like it was a legitimate process, senior members definitely love their jobs.

One thing I did not like was that there was a timeline given at the end of the interview process, but never an email which indicated whether or not you got the role. Out of courtesy, I would expect some sort of answer. So for the lack of communication there, as well as an unreasonably shallow interview procedure, I'd have to say that this is definitely a company that needs to work on its recruitment.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Capco’s Associate Talent Program interview process - we appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was not enough ... More

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen, a phone interview with a partner, interviewed in person with two senior members of capco and then a final phone interview with another partner.

The initial phone interview was rescheduled several times. After the in person interview I was called and told that they wanted to move forward. However, after not hearing back from them for a week I called and was told that they were rescinding because there were no projects available. However, they told me that I should call back in six weeks to two months to see if that changed.

After two months, I called back and was told that I would be having another phone interview with another partner. Two weeks after that phone interview when I had not heard back, I called by HR and was told that they would not be moving forward because there were no projects available. This was not a positive experience

Interview Questions

• how will your past experience help out on projects at Capco   Answer Question

Capco Response

May 10, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are sorry that it wasn't a more positive experience for you. As a management consulting firm, we recruit for specific ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Step 1: Apply Online
    This was a pretty standard process. I just applied online, but also had an employee refer me to HR. It took about a month for them to get back to me.

Step 2: Phone Interview
    This was a very casual conversation with the recruiter about why I wanted to join the firm, past experiences, walk me through your resume.

Step 3: Assessment Center Day
    About 40 minutes later I got an email saying I was invited to the Assessment Center Day. it was composed of 3 parts
    1) An 'Etray' exercise like activity. Basically it's a role playing activity in which you need to respond to a variety of emails and identify risks/issues/ and action items
    2) A variety of "rapid fire' questions with partners and principals. These included things like "If a rooster lays an egg which way will it fall? left or right?" a variety of market sizing questions like "the number of people riding the metro at 8:30" and a variety of industry questions like "whats industry trends do you see in FS?"
    3) A group case. through the ACD process you spend the time with a group of 4 other individuals. But the group case is the only time you actually interact with them. the case is pretty straight forward and self evident. Our problem was how to develop a small banks digital presence. A group of principals/partners watches you the entire time. And takes notes. it's followed by a 10 minute presentation. where the observes ask questions throughout.

Overall the process was pretty straight forward... I'd say the ACD was a little gimmicky though. The quality of the people I did the case with was also very poor. Many of these had zero to no case experience and that was very obvious.

Interview Questions

• Q: where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Q: What trends/threats do you see in FS?
      Q: General info about Capco, CEO, office locations, etc
      Q: how many lights are in this building?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question