Capco Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially was referred by an employee . Received a phone Call immediately following my application. Phone interview with the Recruiting lead. Invited for ACD interview at the Headquarters in NYC. The best office I have ever been in. The interview was challenging yet you felt accomplished after each task. The company vibe was great and you got to take control of how you wanted to be known and remembered. Definitely would recommend the company off of this experience.

Interview Questions

• There are three phases to the Interview
    Email exercise exam 22 minutes
    Speed interviews 5 min rounds
    Case study and presentation 30 mins

I have heard the experience was different and the questions varied depending on ACD date.
    Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer details were given and then gauged from your reaction. The initial offer was above what I was thinking and so ver satisfied with my decision to sign. Only thing bad is I was expecting a February start date because that was communicated and had to choose between two summer dates. I understood the company's reasoning for the push back but would have just like to have known that.

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone calls. Asked questions mostly about me. The first was with hr and the second was with someone higher up in the company. On the phone the second women wasn't very pleasant and didn't seemed distracted. Do to her schedule I had to reschedule a lot. I found a different opportunity so didn't take the final round in office interview. If I did I would have met with multiple people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

All candidates (~30) are brought out to their beautiful NYC office located on Water Street. Upon arrival teams of 4 were already broken down by color. Breakfast was all set out, and allowed for associates to mingle with one another. We were then brought to a room to play an ice breaker game (two truths and a lie), and introduced to all the "judges" of that day.

After that, pictures were taken of each team, and then split up to do the different challenges for the day. The challenges were broken down into 3 different phases...

1. Speed Interview/Questions. - This part of the interview involved sitting down with one of the "judges" (also Capco employees). They ask questions which can range from something as elementary as "If you were to post your facebook status to anything right now, what would it be
    ?" to "What is the size of the bubble gum market (in $ value) in north america."

2. Email Exercise - During this step, 10 candidates were put in a room, with computers and a pack of papers that contained a bunch of emails from your hypothetical boss. From this packet of emails, you had 20-30mins (can't remember the specific time) to answer your boss in an email (submitted by google docs). You had to make the email concise, and summarize RISKS, ISSUES and ACTIONABLE ITEMS from the packet of papers you received.

3. Case - In this final step, we were brought back with our group, and put in an office. In this office, we were given a case study on the financial services industry, and how Bank X could increase their digital space. We had to come up with one solution/recommendation & present it to our judges in 30 mins. Remember to time yourselves, because no one else will time you. You must also ask for the necessary equipment and materials you would need to present. They want you to think on your feet!

After everything was complete, we debriefed, met the partners and had lunch in the cafeteria & went home!

Interview Questions

• Q: You have a rectangular piece of cake, if an uneven piece is taken from it, how do you cut 2 equal pieces?
      Q: What is your life motto?
      Q: Estimate the bubble gum industry market size in NA?
      Q: If you were to post your facebook status to anything right now, what would it be
      ?
      Q: What is the CEOs name?
      Q: Is CAPCO publicly traded?
      Q: Who is CAPCOs parent company?
      Q: You have seeds, a goose and a fox. You need to bring all of them over to the other side of the river, one by one. However, if you leave the seeds with the goose, the goose will eat the seeds. If you leave the fox with the goose, the fox will eat the goose. You can only bring them over one at a time.
      Q: You have a 3 gallon pale and a 5 gallon pale, and an unlimited supply of water. How do you make 4 gallons?
      Q: How many gas stations are there in NYC?
      Q: How big is the square footage of this building?
      Q: what is the company's slogan?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They're a bit messy with getting offers out. ATP's have frozen salary. They can be a bit delayed on getting the offer to you (like Deloitte or any financial institution.)

It may be a small company, but has big company challenges.

Interview Process:
    One day- Three Rounds of night interviews (one-on-one sessions where Capco'ers ask you Q's)
    Superday-6 hours including lighting interviews, case studies, and interaction with partners.

Interview Questions

• How many potholes are there in New York City?
      How many ping pong balls can you fit into a 747?
      Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

General question: Why consulting? Why capco? What make you fit this position? They didn't ask many questions, but they left plenty time for you to ask questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by recruiter and after speaking with two consultants on the phone was invited to NY office for in person interviews. Arrived to find there were about 15 other candidates that were to be interviewed. Receptionist was nice and offered beverages before getting started. Went into room with other candidates where we were given brief overview before splitting into individual interviews. I interviewed with three consultants - two were friendly and I had good rapport with them. The other interviewer was a bit unprofessional with his questions and seemed more concerned with getting under my skin that getting to know me. The next week I was notified I would not continue to the next (and final) round.
    When speaking with the other candidates I was surprised to find some had 2+ years of work experiences and a few with Masters as I was under the impression it was an entry-level role (I am a 2011 grad) which could have played a factor in not being extended an offer.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Application form for the Associate Talent Program in London with questions: Why Capco?, Why Consulting?, In the current financial services environment, what should Capco should be concentrating on?, then invited to an online video interview (1 min for each question with 1 min to prepare - competency and knowledge questions).

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First stage: application
    2nd stage: video interview (3 questions for which you have 60 seconds to prepare each and then record you 60 second response)
    3rd stage: assessment centre. 3 parts: (a) several 5 minute interviews consisting of questions such as "what 5 people would you bring to dinner and why?" or "what would you name a movie about your life?"; (b) maths and english test; (c) group case study on a fictional company seeking to buy another fictional company and seeking your assessment as consultants.
    4th stage: interview with HR member and senior consultant, questions such as "why do you want to work in finance", "give me an example when you recieved criticism and how you dealt with it".

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a video interview (recording myself answering 3 questions with a time limit of 60 seconds to think of an answer and 60 seconds to answer) followed by an assessment centre which entailed: an intro to Capco from a sr leader, closing with a Q&A; then three assessed parts: a “quick fire” interview round (a series of very short interviews), a group case study and an individual aptitude test.

Interview Questions

• What would I bring to the company? Describe a difficult situation dealt with etc.   Answer Question