Capco Associate Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Associate Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Capco

2.7

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Behavioral interview conducted on campus that was very conversational. The hiring person was very nice. The culture was very friendly. Asked very situational STAR questions. "what did you do when.." "How do you react in ..."

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (Austin, TX).

Interview

Received the interview offer at a job fair and interviews on campus a few days later. Moved on to the next round with senior level associates. They were all very friendly and the questions were not to difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (Washington, DC) in November 2017.

Interview

I had to record a video of myself answering questions and delivering my elevator pitch. I then went on to conduct a phone screen, confirming personal details and discussing past work experience.

Interview Questions

• If we were to ask your last employer, why would they tell us NOT to hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

First round on campus was a basic behavioral and resume walk-through. Second round was in their gorgeous NYC office and consisted of a 30 minute rapid-fire round with brainteasers and market sizing questions, a writing activity and a group case study presentation. The day flew by and it was a great experience overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially was referred by an employee . Received a phone Call immediately following my application. Phone interview with the Recruiting lead. Invited for ACD interview at the Headquarters in NYC. The best office I have ever been in. The interview was challenging yet you felt accomplished after each task. The company vibe was great and you got to take control of how you wanted to be known and remembered. Definitely would recommend the company off of this experience.

Interview Questions

• There are three phases to the Interview
      Email exercise exam 22 minutes
      Speed interviews 5 min rounds
      Case study and presentation 30 mins

I have heard the experience was different and the questions varied depending on ACD date.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer details were given and then gauged from your reaction. The initial offer was above what I was thinking and so ver satisfied with my decision to sign. Only thing bad is I was expecting a February start date because that was communicated and had to choose between two summer dates. I understood the company's reasoning for the push back but would have just like to have known that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone calls. Asked questions mostly about me. The first was with hr and the second was with someone higher up in the company. On the phone the second women wasn't very pleasant and didn't seemed distracted. Do to her schedule I had to reschedule a lot. I found a different opportunity so didn't take the final round in office interview. If I did I would have met with multiple people.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

All candidates (~30) are brought out to their beautiful NYC office located on Water Street. Upon arrival teams of 4 were already broken down by color. Breakfast was all set out, and allowed for associates to mingle with one another. We were then brought to a room to play an ice breaker game (two truths and a lie), and introduced to all the "judges" of that day.

After that, pictures were taken of each team, and then split up to do the different challenges for the day. The challenges were broken down into 3 different phases...

1. Speed Interview/Questions. - This part of the interview involved sitting down with one of the "judges" (also Capco employees). They ask questions which can range from something as elementary as "If you were to post your facebook status to anything right now, what would it be
    ?" to "What is the size of the bubble gum market (in $ value) in north america."

2. Email Exercise - During this step, 10 candidates were put in a room, with computers and a pack of papers that contained a bunch of emails from your hypothetical boss. From this packet of emails, you had 20-30mins (can't remember the specific time) to answer your boss in an email (submitted by google docs). You had to make the email concise, and summarize RISKS, ISSUES and ACTIONABLE ITEMS from the packet of papers you received.

3. Case - In this final step, we were brought back with our group, and put in an office. In this office, we were given a case study on the financial services industry, and how Bank X could increase their digital space. We had to come up with one solution/recommendation & present it to our judges in 30 mins. Remember to time yourselves, because no one else will time you. You must also ask for the necessary equipment and materials you would need to present. They want you to think on your feet!

After everything was complete, we debriefed, met the partners and had lunch in the cafeteria & went home!

Interview Questions

• Q: You have a rectangular piece of cake, if an uneven piece is taken from it, how do you cut 2 equal pieces?
      Q: What is your life motto?
      Q: Estimate the bubble gum industry market size in NA?
      Q: If you were to post your facebook status to anything right now, what would it be
      ?
      Q: What is the CEOs name?
      Q: Is CAPCO publicly traded?
      Q: Who is CAPCOs parent company?
      Q: You have seeds, a goose and a fox. You need to bring all of them over to the other side of the river, one by one. However, if you leave the seeds with the goose, the goose will eat the seeds. If you leave the fox with the goose, the fox will eat the goose. You can only bring them over one at a time.
      Q: You have a 3 gallon pale and a 5 gallon pale, and an unlimited supply of water. How do you make 4 gallons?
      Q: How many gas stations are there in NYC?
      Q: How big is the square footage of this building?
      Q: what is the company's slogan?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

There is a phone screening with HR, then a skype interview with technical questions, and then an in person assessment in NY which consists of 1. Rapid fire Qs 2. Group case 3. Sending out an email to the CEO

Interview Questions

• Put in teams to do a group case, and then rapid fire questions such as "If a book was named after you, what would it be called?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

They're a bit messy with getting offers out. ATP's have frozen salary. They can be a bit delayed on getting the offer to you (like Deloitte or any financial institution.)

It may be a small company, but has big company challenges.

Interview Process:
    One day- Three Rounds of night interviews (one-on-one sessions where Capco'ers ask you Q's)
    Superday-6 hours including lighting interviews, case studies, and interaction with partners.

Interview Questions

• How many potholes are there in New York City?
      How many ping pong balls can you fit into a 747?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.