Capco Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two different rounds for Capco. One on-campus and the last at their office in NYC. The interviews were fairly standard with some emphasis on brain-teasers and some mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How many Christmas trees are in a particular day in manhattan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Final round consisted of 3 parts - Q&A, Email Challenge & Case Study - took about 4 hours in the downtown NY office - quite the office by the way!

Interview Questions

• How many hot dog stands are there in Central Park in the middle of August   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

It was actually a rather enjoyable interview experience. I first had a phone screen with a recruiter to go over my resume, gauge my communication skills, and answer typical questions like 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?' The next week I was invited to the office, where I had two 30min interviews with Associate Consultants. The office had an awesome loft, style layout with incredible downtown views. The Consultants were personable, and they asked about my background, why Capco, why consulting and then proceeded with a series of rapid fire questions to test my ability to think critically on my feet. I was invited to the final round - Assessment Center Day - where about 15 candidates completed work simulation exercises, presented a group case study and had the opportunity to have a Q&A with Partners and other Consultants.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

First round telephone interview about CV, why Consulting, why Capco, what is interesting about Banking in general. I had to make an elevator pitch about my CV and had to specify why I choose that specific university and both of the banks I have worked in.

Associate Interview

Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

Negotiation

good

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Intense but creative. We got there around 8am ,then it finished at 2pm. We did 1:1 question, group case study, write emails... basically it was testing the way you think, how you react to a given problem and how much you know about Capco. Don't be too nervous, but because some questions are very unpredictable, I will recommend to just be yourself, don't try to act like someone who you are not. Some of the questions will require instant response and that's how they know how you think and also maybe your personality.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Questions

• How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

Interview

friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Questions

• fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

standard package for associate level

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.