Capco Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2016

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

​Capco - Positive experience, process took 3 business days

Reached out to the recruiter. I was called for the interview next day, with 3 in-person 30 minutes each. When I got there, I was told that there,s a case study in the room. I could choose one of them, from Business analyst's perspective or as a project manager. I chose Project manager. As I was working on it, one of the interviewers came and started the interview round. He was a managing principal, and started telling about his background, about Capco and then we spoke a little about the case study I did.

Walk me through your resume, mostly behavioral
Last question was if there was anything you could tell me about yourself, that I can remember you by? I guess they need you to list a "fun fact" about you. Something random.

Next, interviewer was a Principal consultant. She walked in saying she was the acting 'client' for whom I had done the case study. I explained to her and also used some of the pointers from my previous discussion. Again mostly behavioral and this round went really well. She answered a lot of questions regarding work for me. And hinted how they like their consultants to get involved in activities beyond work. On her way out she mentioned that this was a robin round and how I will meet with the partner next.

Next, the partner came in and this is where I did my best. By now I had a pretty good idea of what they are looking for and this was mostly him telling me about what the work was like. We went over my resume again briefly but mostly this felt like a conversation than an interview. This was on a Friday night, so after the weekend I got a call for a second round, where I met another principal consultant and managing partner. The interview lasted 30 minutes each and within two hours, recruiter called with the verbal offer. Most questions were experience based.

I was interviewing at multiple places along with Capco, but they were way more efficient in the process than everywhere else. They move fast, and there is complete transparency throughout the process. The longest wait was

Interview Questions

• Case study: You are a project manager and the client needs you to build a new trade capture tool. what will be your key priorities in the first 3 weeks?   1 Answer
  • How did you resolve conflict within the team/ dealt with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco in February 2016.

Interview

Internal referral, quick turn around about 1 week and HR contacted me for evening interviews. Went into Wall Street office. Other MBA graduates also waiting. 3 rounds. One case study and 2 behavioral.

Glassdoor reviews... Leadership changes

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on behalf of Capco. The interview process was pretty straight forward. It started with a phone screening with a seasoned leader at Capco who reviewed my experience, fit and understanding of Capco. The second round was conducted in face to face interviews with three Capco employees during the blitz day. The interview questions were part behavioral and part scenario-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Waste of time. The interviewer didn't pay attention from the first word we spoke and interview was over within 15 minutes. He asked me to go over the resume, asked some fit & behavioral questions. Discussing strengths & weaknesses. Complete waste of mine and their time, demonstrates the company culture?

Consultant Interview

Interview

Initial interview was weak, more like phone screen to check my communication skills, did not ask any challenging questions. Asked basic questions related to where I see myself in CAPCO, how much I knew about the company. Also gave a brief background on CAPCO, their focus, and the kinds of opportunities they have open

Interview Questions

• Salary expectation during 1st interview...was not ready for that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick. HR recruiter was attentive. Had a screening interview with HR, another phone interview, and then two interviews in person. They set expectations of the position and responding to all of my questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview with Senior Consultant, Principal Consultant and Partner. Depending on project openings, client interview for 2 rounds with PM and VP. Once complete, if you are selected then HR will discuss about Pay. The negotiation will be based on your experience and field you have worked.

Interview Questions

• * Tell me your most intriguing projects you have worked for?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview was really straightforward and almost completely behavioral.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Washington, DC) in May 2013.

Interview

The group interview took place in Washington DC where I was brought into a room and were asked questions in a round robin fashion. Different employees spent around 10 mins asking me questions. I met with about 5 employees.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

HR reached out to me about a interview day they were having. Capco has been having these superdays alot lately. Literally 3 a week since December 2012.

Initial, convo with HR was going thru the resume. Pretty much wanted to make sure you can communicate verbally.

At the interview day, I met with 4 people - a mix of managers, senior consultants and principals. There was no case study, but I think that was only because I carried myself as a consultant; being confident, not cocky and speaking the lingo. Went thru my resume with each one and highlighted PROJECT MANAGEMENT related skills. Make sure to highlight these especially if you dont have experience within consulting before.

Since they are hiring like crazy, I got a call back a few days later with an offer.

Push to be apart of the CAP program training. Its good experience for those w/o consulting exp.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you managed? (given I did not have consulting experience)   Answer Question