Capco Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

2.9

42 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewer asked multiple basic behavorial questions. Interview lasted around 10 minutes. Questions mainly about yourself and personal accomplishments and projects. Overall an average interview. Not too hard. I am still waiting for a response

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple.

Day 1: Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn / email.

Day 4: First call with recruiter. Went well, set up call for me with Senior Consultant.

Day 7: Call with Senior Consultant. Went well, recruiter called after to set up final round interview.

Day 11: In-person interview. Met with three Capco employee: two principal consultants and a partner. First interview was a case (had 15 min before interview to review case and write thoughts down), then we briefly reviewed the case.

Day 14: Offer given.

Recruiter was in touch and easy to work with throughout interview process.

Interview Questions

• What area of financial services are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    • What fintech trends are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • If you had to sell an unproven technology to a large client, how would you do so?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

​Capco - Positive experience, process took 3 business days

Reached out to the recruiter. I was called for the interview next day, with 3 in-person 30 minutes each. When I got there, I was told that there,s a case study in the room. I could choose one of them, from Business analyst's perspective or as a project manager. I chose Project manager. As I was working on it, one of the interviewers came and started the interview round. He was a managing principal, and started telling about his background, about Capco and then we spoke a little about the case study I did.

Walk me through your resume, mostly behavioral
    Last question was if there was anything you could tell me about yourself, that I can remember you by? I guess they need you to list a "fun fact" about you. Something random.

Next, interviewer was a Principal consultant. She walked in saying she was the acting 'client' for whom I had done the case study. I explained to her and also used some of the pointers from my previous discussion. Again mostly behavioral and this round went really well. She answered a lot of questions regarding work for me. And hinted how they like their consultants to get involved in activities beyond work. On her way out she mentioned that this was a robin round and how I will meet with the partner next.

Next, the partner came in and this is where I did my best. By now I had a pretty good idea of what they are looking for and this was mostly him telling me about what the work was like. We went over my resume again briefly but mostly this felt like a conversation than an interview. This was on a Friday night, so after the weekend I got a call for a second round, where I met another principal consultant and managing partner. The interview lasted 30 minutes each and within two hours, recruiter called with the verbal offer. Most questions were experience based.

I was interviewing at multiple places along with Capco, but they were way more efficient in the process than everywhere else. They move fast, and there is complete transparency throughout the process. The longest wait was

Interview Questions

• Case study: You are a project manager and the client needs you to build a new trade capture tool. what will be your key priorities in the first 3 weeks?   1 Answer
    • How did you resolve conflict within the team/ dealt with a difficult co-worker?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco in February 2016.

Interview

Internal referral, quick turn around about 1 week and HR contacted me for evening interviews. Went into Wall Street office. Other MBA graduates also waiting. 3 rounds. One case study and 2 behavioral.

Glassdoor reviews... Leadership changes

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on behalf of Capco. The interview process was pretty straight forward. It started with a phone screening with a seasoned leader at Capco who reviewed my experience, fit and understanding of Capco. The second round was conducted in face to face interviews with three Capco employees during the blitz day. The interview questions were part behavioral and part scenario-based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Waste of time. The interviewer didn't pay attention from the first word we spoke and interview was over within 15 minutes. He asked me to go over the resume, asked some fit & behavioral questions. Discussing strengths & weaknesses. Complete waste of mine and their time, demonstrates the company culture?

Consultant Interview

Interview

Initial interview was weak, more like phone screen to check my communication skills, did not ask any challenging questions. Asked basic questions related to where I see myself in CAPCO, how much I knew about the company. Also gave a brief background on CAPCO, their focus, and the kinds of opportunities they have open

Interview Questions

• Salary expectation during 1st interview...was not ready for that   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Fairly quick. HR recruiter was attentive. Had a screening interview with HR, another phone interview, and then two interviews in person. They set expectations of the position and responding to all of my questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of interview with Senior Consultant, Principal Consultant and Partner. Depending on project openings, client interview for 2 rounds with PM and VP. Once complete, if you are selected then HR will discuss about Pay. The negotiation will be based on your experience and field you have worked.

Interview Questions

• * Tell me your most intriguing projects you have worked for?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Interview was really straightforward and almost completely behavioral.