Capco Digital Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Digital Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at Capco

2.8

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Soon after submitting my application online, I received an email from HR to arrange a phone conversation to discuss my interest and overall fit. The call was very brief (15 min) and they were keen to move to the next stage of the application process, which consisted in a 45-minute interview with a member of the HR and 1 hour skills and content interview with members of the team.
Both the interviews were quite relaxed and people were very friendly, they wanted particulary to know about my interest in financial services and my knowledge about artificial intelligence systems. Unfortunately, my application was not moved to the next stages, which, I believe, would involve a case study and finally the interview with senior managers including a presentation on a brief.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in financial services?   Answer Question
  • What are the current challenges of the banks? How AI is disrupting them?   Answer Question
  • How would you explain in simple terms ML and Blockchain to a CEO of a bank?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

First stage, phone call. Very friendly HR staff. Asked about my background. Why I wanted to work in consultancy, why I wanted to work at Capco. Told me about the next stages, sent a detailed report.

Digital Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco in August 2017.

Interview

4 stage interview
    Initial phone call with HR
    1st interview with Principal consultant -45 min
    1st F2F interview with HR - 45min
    2nd Case Study Review with Principal consultant - 45min
    3rd Interview with Partner - 30min

Interview Questions

• Case Study
      pitch new startup idea to Product Manager of clients company.   Answer Question

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by one of the HR team and told to send my CV. I sent my CV although there was no role my cv was aligned against - although I asked for Wealth Mgmt - I was told this was not a guarantee and if I had 'transferable skills' Capco would use this as a foundation. The telephone interview was short, snappy and as predicted I was invited to the next stage.

Due to work commitments and available interview slots, I wasn't able to interview till at least a month after. I attended the 2nd stage interview at the Capco office by Old Street, and had two interviews. The first was a skills interview with a person who had gone up the ranks at the company quicker than other - which was good for him, but I wasn't sure how that would help me during the interview process? The interview was generic and lasted around 45 mins. The second interview was with HR, and was shorter - it lasted approx 30 mins. The questions again were very generic.

Although I thought the interview went very well - I was called within 48hrs telling me I had not made the next stage - which was baffling. I had all the transferable skills, I had experience in Change Mgmt which is what Capco are all about, and I felt all the questions were answered, at least, in a satisfactory manner. The feedback provided after the interview made no sense.

All in all, I believe I was part of the interview quota companies are required to reach. In hindsight due to the rashness, care-free, lack of direction, and ultimately negative experience I believe Capco are looking for yes men to body shop.

Finally, when you're arriving for the interview and see beforehand one of your interviewers smoking right outside the building doesn't set a good example! A company that still has a lot to learn on professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why Capco?
      What do you know about Capco?
      Why Mgmt Consultancy?
      Brief CV walkthrough and experiences picked up

- Prepare to try and fit into their culture during their interview. A company which needs its ego massaged!   Answer Question

Capco Response

Apr 24, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you describe your experience as negative. Our goal is always to provide candidates with a positive experience at all stages throughout the recruitment process. We have a robust recruitment process with various stages to ensure that candidates can get a good feel for the company and that we can get to know candidates and assess their suitability both for the role and the firm. All those involved in recruitment at Capco undertake training and so we are surprised to hear that you feel there was a lack of professionalism and we will take this feedback on-board for future training sessions. With regards to your comment around body shopping, Capco definitely looks to hire talented individuals who can help the firm and our clients to innovate. As a firm, we always encourage our employees to bring forward new ideas and empower them to deliver on these.