Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not progress past the phone screen, but the questions were mostly behavioral. They included questions that are typically involved in the consulting recruiting process including those involving team dynamics, working to resolve problems, and also interest in the field. The interviewer also asked me what I foresaw to be the most disruptive or prevalent issue to face the financial industry in the next decade.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with one phone interview, then they gauge whether or not to send you to the Assessment Center Day. Standard behavioral phone screening.

Assessment Center Day- you get a budget to book your plane and flights, unfortunately you have to front this money yourself and your reimbursement may take months as there is no confirmation on the status of your reimbursement. At the assessment center day, you start off with a little mingling, they try to have current analysts tell you how much they love their jobs, their social life etc. etc.

1st round, rapid fire questions and you'll rotate to different associates every minute or two, I believe there are at least 6 people in this rapid fire. Mix of behavioral questions, preposterous case questions (how many windows are in this office? if you buy a coconut for $3 and sell for $2 how can you make a profit?, how many credit cars are in the world right now? What US state would you get rid of?) Walk me through your resume, y'know standard stuff.

2nd round, an email summarizing activity, which is timed.

3rd round, group case interview. Had a pretty dumb group to be honest, so I guess you can pray to the grouping gods to get a team that has done a case.

Tips: bring in your phone to the interview process, use the whiteboard during the case, and keep time with your phone even though the front desk lady will keep insisting that you don't.

Overall, pretty bizarre process, I hope that this recruitment tactic has helped them find associates they like the phone screening process was a breeze and it feels a bit too easy to get a crack at the assessment center day. Didn't feel like it was a legitimate process, senior members definitely love their jobs.

One thing I did not like was that there was a timeline given at the end of the interview process, but never an email which indicated whether or not you got the role. Out of courtesy, I would expect some sort of answer. So for the lack of communication there, as well as an unreasonably shallow interview procedure, I'd have to say that this is definitely a company that needs to work on its recruitment.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Capco’s Associate Talent Program interview process - we appreciate your feedback. We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was not enough ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, mostly behavioral. Went to Assessment Center Day two weeks later. The rapid fire questions were not so bad as I had heard about and the interviewers were actually pretty nice. Then there's an email drafting activity and a group case. The case performance really depends on your team quality.

ATP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Came in mostly for a meet and great. Was not an official interview. Everyone seemed very nice. The interview was not too bad. Very nice building located in new York City

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then went to New York for a final round. There were 3 rounds to the final interview. The first was 6 five minute rotations of rapid fire interview questions. They are a mix of company, estimation, and brain teaser questions mostly. The second part they give you a packet of emails about a project and you have 20 min to write an email summarizing the project. The last part is a group case study that you then present at the end.

Interview Questions

• how many lightbulbs are in this building? How long would it take to put 50,000 books on shelves? Who is the CEO?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Superday involved 4 different exercises. Started with email writing, following which was a case study. Then you had a speed interview exercise where they asked consulting like questions and about the company. Finally, you had a group exercise of a mock client meeting and proposal.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process, wherein I had a conversation with the recruiter who said my resume had the right skill set for their management consultant position (more on that in point 4) which was then followed by an interview with 3 thirty-minute rounds and a case study.

As soon as you walk in, you are given the case study (client is looking to implement a trade capture tool, so what are your priorities within the first 3 weeks) and the 3 individuals come in to interview you. Let me get into why this was such a horrible interview process (and why it's likely a blessing in disguise that I didn't receive this offer):

1) All of the interviewers were late and didn't seem very interested in my responses to their questions (e.g. would look around the room as opposed to making eye contact). One of the interviewers was actually waving to her colleagues while I was walking through my resume.

2) They consistently bashed the Big 4 consulting firms yet all of the other candidates I met (who presumably received offers) were from the Big 4. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get the position as they would use the other candidates' Big 4 experience as a selling point to their clients, while I didn't have any consulting experience.

3) I was able to answer all of the questions from the interviewers and completed the case study with ease. However, upon receiving the follow up call from the recruiter the next day (was supposed to be in the morning but I received it in the late afternoon), I was told that my skill set wasn't what they were looking for.

4) As a follow up to point 3, the recruiter asked me what I thought about the interview before telling me that I didn't get the role because I didn't have the right skill set. I'm not sure what the purpose was behind this.

My word of advice would be to pay attention to some of the reviews on this organization as even from what they say it's a "body shop" wherein you do the grunt work for their clients.

Also, you can always tell how committed an organization truly is to their employees by how they treat their potential hires, and my experience was very negative to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult team member?   1 Answer

Capco Response

Aug 19, 2016 – Consultant

Thanks for sharing your experience from an interview event at Capco. We value the time that candidates spend with us and want their experience to be positive regardless of the outcome. While we ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

It took about 2 months total, pretty standard phone screens and interviews. HR was pretty slow at moving along the process and generally vague, but the interviewers generally knew what they were looking for.

Senior Consultant/Manager - Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Contacted via linkedin by recruiter. Initial HR phone screen followed by 3 phone interviews with various team members (Principals / Partners on Strategy team). Called in for final face to face interview with managing Strategy partner, dinged on not having FS experience (was upfront on that point during phone screens). Team appears not aligned on ideal candidate archetype (e.g., generalist strategic consultative v. industry expertise)