Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 16, 2017

2.8

290 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco in October 2017.

Interview

Had to complete a video answer questions about myself and the industry. After that was invited to do a phone interview with a hiring manager. The phone interview was solely behavioral, after that they said they would've invited to super day at their headquarters.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (Vienna, VA).

Interview

Capco don't have project to hire you, even though the recruiter would call you to assign some interviews.
    This problem happens to other candidates in the review before, but seems Capco still likes this way which hugely hurt their reputation.

Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

3 rounds of interviewers: 1) Recruiter, 2) Design Lead, 3) Team Lead

The process took approximately 2-2.5 from initial application submission.

Overall, everyone was extremely friendly and offered personal insights from their experience to my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your interest in transitioning from the "creative" to "consulting" world?   Answer Question

Management Consultant Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Had to reschedule with Talent Acquision Manager multiple times. Once rescheduled, he called at the time we had originally moved from. I then had to reiterate the time he had confirmed earlier for us to speak. When that time came, I never received a call. I then reached out to the recruiter and got his voicemail. He called me back stated he was busy after agreeing to meet (twice) at a specified time. I was very put off by this and the lack of professionalism by the recruiter and declined my interview invite occurring the following day. I then received an unprofessional and apologetic text message from the recruiter asking to schedule again.

I will not recommend any of my professional connections to apply here.

Interview Questions

• What time can you meet to discuss?   1 Answer

May 23, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback.

We are disappointed to hear about your experience. We set high standards of professionalism with regards to our recruitment process and it seems on this occasion... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I interviewed at Capco (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple.

Day 1: Recruiter reached out via LinkedIn / email.

Day 4: First call with recruiter. Went well, set up call for me with Senior Consultant.

Day 7: Call with Senior Consultant. Went well, recruiter called after to set up final round interview.

Day 11: In-person interview. Met with three Capco employee: two principal consultants and a partner. First interview was a case (had 15 min before interview to review case and write thoughts down), then we briefly reviewed the case.

Day 14: Offer given.

Recruiter was in touch and easy to work with throughout interview process.

Interview Questions

• What area of financial services are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    • What fintech trends are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • If you had to sell an unproven technology to a large client, how would you do so?   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

3 - step interview process. The process can be very long.
    1. First round interview with a recruiter.
    2. Second round interview with two back-to-back consultants.
    3. Final interview with a project lead to determine your fit.

Capco passes your resume to different project leads to see how you fit in with specific projects. This can make the process a long one, but ensures you will fit with the team.

Interview Questions

• What is the most active payment processor in your opinion?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen, a phone interview with a partner, interviewed in person with two senior members of capco and then a final phone interview with another partner.

The initial phone interview was rescheduled several times. After the in person interview I was called and told that they wanted to move forward. However, after not hearing back from them for a week I called and was told that they were rescinding because there were no projects available. However, they told me that I should call back in six weeks to two months to see if that changed.

After two months, I called back and was told that I would be having another phone interview with another partner. Two weeks after that phone interview when I had not heard back, I called by HR and was told that they would not be moving forward because there were no projects available. This was not a positive experience

Interview Questions

• how will your past experience help out on projects at Capco   Answer Question

May 10, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry that it wasn't a more positive experience for you. As a management consulting firm, we recruit for specific... More

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
    The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Starts off with one phone interview, then they gauge whether or not to send you to the Assessment Center Day. Standard behavioral phone screening.

Assessment Center Day- you get a budget to book your plane and flights, unfortunately you have to front this money yourself and your reimbursement may take months as there is no confirmation on the status of your reimbursement. At the assessment center day, you start off with a little mingling, they try to have current analysts tell you how much they love their jobs, their social life etc. etc.

1st round, rapid fire questions and you'll rotate to different associates every minute or two, I believe there are at least 6 people in this rapid fire. Mix of behavioral questions, preposterous case questions (how many windows are in this office? if you buy a coconut for $3 and sell for $2 how can you make a profit?, how many credit cars are in the world right now? What US state would you get rid of?) Walk me through your resume, y'know standard stuff.

2nd round, an email summarizing activity, which is timed.

3rd round, group case interview. Had a pretty dumb group to be honest, so I guess you can pray to the grouping gods to get a team that has done a case.

Tips: bring in your phone to the interview process, use the whiteboard during the case, and keep time with your phone even though the front desk lady will keep insisting that you don't.

Overall, pretty bizarre process, I hope that this recruitment tactic has helped them find associates they like the phone screening process was a breeze and it feels a bit too easy to get a crack at the assessment center day. Didn't feel like it was a legitimate process, senior members definitely love their jobs.

One thing I did not like was that there was a timeline given at the end of the interview process, but never an email which indicated whether or not you got the role. Out of courtesy, I would expect some sort of answer. So for the lack of communication there, as well as an unreasonably shallow interview procedure, I'd have to say that this is definitely a company that needs to work on its recruitment.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 11, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to review Capco’s Associate Talent Program interview process - we appreciate your feedback.

We are disappointed to learn that you felt there was not enough... More

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not progress past the phone screen, but the questions were mostly behavioral. They included questions that are typically involved in the consulting recruiting process including those involving team dynamics, working to resolve problems, and also interest in the field. The interviewer also asked me what I foresaw to be the most disruptive or prevalent issue to face the financial industry in the next decade.