Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Training Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with Capco last year. The interview was over four stages: Mathematics and grammar testing, a group exercise, a simulated client issue and presentation brief, and 7-8 3 minute long interviews. I felt very intimidated by the employees interviewing me, with many not giving looking me in the eye, cutting me off mid sentence, and one not shaking my hand. While I am sure capco offer an excellent service and do some fantastic work, I feel like the culture may be a bit too intense for some.

Interview Questions

• What are the statistical chances of two people in this room having the same birthday?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

4 interviews: beginning with HR (human capital) interview; basic interview covering your experience and CV; case study with presentation, questions and general interview based on experience; partner interview.
    Overall the interview process felt a bit like participating in the end of season apprentice. CV and experience was extensively tested. There is no way you could exaggerate your experience without it being found out. There was thorough drilldown and evidencing of your skills. the case study was a basic project management case study designed to showcase your talent, the in depth questions designed to tease out your full knowledge, areas of weekends or areas of embellishment (if that was the case). Very thorough and also surprisingly pleasant. As long as your are honest and capable, you should be okay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was limited. I expect it depends on your level of entry.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

5 interview stages in total. At each stage Capco's passion towards their people was abundantly visible and almost too good to believe. I can happily say I have experienced this passion first-hand in my relatively short time here.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on the impact of my previous assignments   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first question is always "tell me about yourself". Then the interviewer asked me some soft questions as well as some technical questions. The point is to see how you approach a problem and solve it. He was super friendly and very knowledgable, and even though I don't consider that I did super well on the interview, he didn't discourage me.

Interview Questions

• Given two lists of numbers, find the smallest difference between two numbers (each number is from one array)   Answer Question
    • What are you willing to get out of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why Capco?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Final round consisted of 3 parts - Q&A, Email Challenge & Case Study - took about 4 hours in the downtown NY office - quite the office by the way!

Interview Questions

• How many hot dog stands are there in Central Park in the middle of August   Answer Question

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capco (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had applied online through job portals. With in 3 days I had received call from Capco for Primary round. That was initial screening round, after that round the recruiter scheduled my next round for technical screening on very next day. Primary and Second Round was scheduled over telephone. Primary round was basic screening. Second round was technical screening in depth. Interview questions are mentioned below:

Interview Questions

• 1. Stages of project
      2. What is the schedule
      10. Difference between risk and issue
      11. How to calculate a risk in project
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two different rounds for Capco. One on-campus and the last at their office in NYC. The interviews were fairly standard with some emphasis on brain-teasers and some mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How many Christmas trees are in a particular day in manhattan?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then went to New York for a final round. There were 3 rounds to the final interview. The first was 6 five minute rotations of rapid fire interview questions. They are a mix of company, estimation, and brain teaser questions mostly. The second part they give you a packet of emails about a project and you have 20 min to write an email summarizing the project. The last part is a group case study that you then present at the end.

Interview Questions

• how many lightbulbs are in this building? How long would it take to put 50,000 books on shelves? Who is the CEO?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Capco (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2016.

Interview

The first round was at the Toronto headquarters and two-part.
    The first part was a 45 minute behavioural interview with the HR manager who asked your standard situational questions. She also asked a few relatively uncommon questions such as "What salary are you expecting and why?" and "What is the best constructive criticism you've received?" Overall, the HR manager gave off the vibe that she has heard all of the standard answers and will be able to identify any false truths in your answers. Showing your genuine personality and being knowledgeable on FinTech will benefit you here.
    The second part was a 45 minute case interview with a Principal. The case interview had a non-traditional structure. The first 20 minutes was the interviewer reading the case, going through the structure and probing for information. The Principal then left the room and gave 10 minutes to prepare a presentation on a white board. When the Principal returned, I went through the recommendations, immediately followed by Q&A. The interviewer then immediately asked "What do you know about our company?" and "What is your 60 second elevator pitch?" consecutively before finally asking if I had any further questions. Overall, the first round was an interesting experience that kept me on my toes.

After a few days, I was invited to attend the final round of interviews at the head office the following Saturday from 9am-2pm. The day consisted of speaking with company employees of all levels to determine fit, a group interview, an interview blitz (3 mins, 3-4 questions, 5 reps) and a final panel Q&A. The key here is to be relaxed, personable and put-together. The group interview was 50 minutes in total - 30 minutes case preparation and 20 minute presentation through white-board and Q&A. The interview blitz questions was a mix of personality, brain teasers

Interview Questions

• If you had to be an animal, what would you be?
      What is our CEO's name?
      What is our slogan?
      Use a 3L and 5L jug to make 4L of water.
      What app that is not currently on the market would you make?
      What is an emerging FinTech?
      1 Answer

Received a more attractive offer from another consultancy.