Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.9

Associate Talent Program Interview

Interview

The over all interview process was straightforward. Nothing a lot of people on here haven't already posted. I made it through the initial round of interviews and was invited to the New York office for the last round of interviews. It was actually very enjoyable and you get a really good feel for the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• The group task was the most difficult portion. Even if you do pretty well on all other potions of the day, you really can't prepare for how you will interact with your group members. Just keep a level head and don't make it obvious you're vying for attention--everyone else in the group will do that and it makes everyone look worse than I'm sure they really are.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview, followed by interview day where I met with 5 different people

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to design something. What process did you go through?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

The phone interview was all behavioral. Last no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between strategic consulting and managing consultant   Answer Question

Capco Associate Program Interview

Interview

apply online. contacted with a terrible HR. she forgot to reach out to me twice. she is really very impatient. I am senior student. she asks me some silly questions: what's your plan after your graduate; do you apply for your OPT? (I am an international student, I explain to her that I can only apply for OPT three month before I start to work, I did not have job offers currently, therefore, I did not apply..) Maybe she is really very busy and did not left any time for me to ask questions—the worst HR I've ever known....

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

HR reached out to me about a interview day they were having. Capco has been having these superdays alot lately. Literally 3 a week since December 2012.

Initial, convo with HR was going thru the resume. Pretty much wanted to make sure you can communicate verbally.

At the interview day, I met with 4 people - a mix of managers, senior consultants and principals. There was no case study, but I think that was only because I carried myself as a consultant; being confident, not cocky and speaking the lingo. Went thru my resume with each one and highlighted PROJECT MANAGEMENT related skills. Make sure to highlight these especially if you dont have experience within consulting before.

Since they are hiring like crazy, I got a call back a few days later with an offer.

Push to be apart of the CAP program training. Its good experience for those w/o consulting exp.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you managed? (given I did not have consulting experience)   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    2 Rounds of Technical Interview
    1 Round of Job-Fit Interview

SSE Interview

Interview

Very abrupt, for JAVA openings C++ Questions were asked

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in April 2013.

Interview

I made it to the assessment centre where I faced 3 rounds of tests: individual assessment, quick fire interviews, and a group assessment.

Individual assessment - In my opinion this test was by far the hardest. You receive two bundles of paper, which you need to read through quickly in order to carry out a RAG (Red, Amber, Green) analysis for prioritising events.
    The first bundle of paper is very technical (i.e. launch of new software for a bank) and you shouldn't understand too much of the information. However I think they do this on purpose as a consultancy role often requires filtering through information that is not always familiar. You just have to work to your strengths with this one. The second bundle consists of emails from employees who need time off work or are sick, etc. This bundle is much more straight forward.

Quick fire interviews - This is very similar to speed dating. There are 5 Capco interviewers and you spend 5 minutes with each. You should be concise with your answers so the interviewers can ask more questions and get to know you better. The questions they ask revolve around your personal background, CV based questions, and a few competency questions. I think with these interviews they want to know more about your personality and if you're the right fit for Capco. Some of the interviewers also ask if you have any questions for them, so it's good idea to prepare some questions at this stage if you haven't done so already.

Group assessment - between the group you will receive a bundle of paper with a business scenario (i.e. a merger or acquisition between two companies). You must come to a conclusion about the scenario and give a little 5 min presentation at the end to summarise. As with most group assessments I believe the process of the assessment is more important than the outcome itself.

Interview Questions

• They like to ask a lot of personal questions so be sure to know the kind of personalities they look for at Capco.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

rigid interview process with client driven interview

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Interview Questions

• There were three rounds. first round was technical and was telephonic. second round was with senior management. followed by a interview with client over telephone.   Answer Question