Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first question is always "tell me about yourself". Then the interviewer asked me some soft questions as well as some technical questions. The point is to see how you approach a problem and solve it. He was super friendly and very knowledgable, and even though I don't consider that I did super well on the interview, he didn't discourage me.

Interview Questions

• Given two lists of numbers, find the smallest difference between two numbers (each number is from one array)   Answer Question
    • What are you willing to get out of this job?   1 Answer
    • Why Capco?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Backbase Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in February 2017.

Interview

Was highly unprofessional. The entire interview (3 stages in all) was scheduled using a means of SMS and Whatsapp. When I asked for the interview schedule to be emailed, HR claimed that they had send it out week ago in advance despite no follow-ups from HR as to whether the email on the interview was received and if I was alright with the schedule!

The second round was conducted in a highly noisy environment. Interviewer did not make the effort to find a quiet room for the interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Final round consisted of 3 parts - Q&A, Email Challenge & Case Study - took about 4 hours in the downtown NY office - quite the office by the way!

Interview Questions

• How many hot dog stands are there in Central Park in the middle of August   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially was referred by an employee . Received a phone Call immediately following my application. Phone interview with the Recruiting lead. Invited for ACD interview at the Headquarters in NYC. The best office I have ever been in. The interview was challenging yet you felt accomplished after each task. The company vibe was great and you got to take control of how you wanted to be known and remembered. Definitely would recommend the company off of this experience.

Interview Questions

• There are three phases to the Interview
      Email exercise exam 22 minutes
      Speed interviews 5 min rounds
      Case study and presentation 30 mins

I have heard the experience was different and the questions varied depending on ACD date.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer details were given and then gauged from your reaction. The initial offer was above what I was thinking and so ver satisfied with my decision to sign. Only thing bad is I was expecting a February start date because that was communicated and had to choose between two summer dates. I understood the company's reasoning for the push back but would have just like to have known that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, mostly behavioral. Went to Assessment Center Day two weeks later. The rapid fire questions were not so bad as I had heard about and the interviewers were actually pretty nice. Then there's an email drafting activity and a group case. The case performance really depends on your team quality.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I did not progress past the phone screen, but the questions were mostly behavioral. They included questions that are typically involved in the consulting recruiting process including those involving team dynamics, working to resolve problems, and also interest in the field. The interviewer also asked me what I foresaw to be the most disruptive or prevalent issue to face the financial industry in the next decade.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Application form for the Associate Talent Program in London with questions: Why Capco?, Why Consulting?, In the current financial services environment, what should Capco should be concentrating on?, then invited to an online video interview (1 min for each question with 1 min to prepare - competency and knowledge questions).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

My first round was a phone interview from someone in HR. It was pretty standard; vetted me, my resume and my experiences. Make sure you know basic Capco info.

Second and final round was at the NYC HQ, for something called the Assessment Center Day. There are three parts to the entire day, and you're split up into groups that you travel with for each of those three parts:
    The first part was a series of rapid fire questions, where you speak to 6 people for 5 minutes each. Consists of questions about Capco, yourself and brain teasers/estimation questions.

The second part was a timed email activity where you read a packet of info and are asked to summarize certain items for your boss.

The third part was a group case activity. You and your group are supposed to come up with a plan to help a bank expand digitally and appeal to younger customers. You're given 30 minutes to plan and 10 minutes to present.

Overall a really pleasant experience. All the employees are extremely nice, helpful and welcoming. At the end of the day, you sit in a Partner Q&A session and you can tell they really like working at the company and with each other just from the way they interact and how they answer questions.

Interview Questions

• How many cups of coffee does Starbucks sell in the U.S. every day?   1 Answer