Capco Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First, I submitted my resume through my college's job posting board and Capco choose a few people based off their resume to interview in person. Next step was an on campus interview with 2 Capco employees. These questions were very basic, why consulting? tell us about yourself, talk about your experience, etc. Lastly, there was the big assessment interview day in NYC which consisted of a group activity, individual activity, and 6 round-robin interviews. The group interview was roleplaying a team situation where you have to prepare a presentation to a client. The individual activity was a 20 minute reading packet and having to summarize it into a brief email. The round-robin interview questions were more critical thinking/ thought process questions. For these questions, they're more interested in how you get to your answer rather than the answer itself.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

First round interview was on campus, Second round interview was at the Capco office in NYC. First round interview consisted of all behavioral questions. The second round interview was an Assessment Center Day at their New York office. The day consisted of quick rapid fire questions with 5 different consultants, an email simulation assignment, and a case study done with a group.

Interview Questions

• If an egg were sitting on top of a roof, which way would it fall?   Answer Question

Associate Training Prorm Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through my university and did an on campus interview and then was invited back for an interview in New York. Overall everyone at Capco was very nice and helpful throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working with a team and you ran into a problem.

Tell me about a new idea or product you would create.
      Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had two different rounds for Capco. One on-campus and the last at their office in NYC. The interviews were fairly standard with some emphasis on brain-teasers and some mini cases.

Interview Questions

• How many Christmas trees are in a particular day in manhattan?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

First round is on-campus interview, mostly behavioral. Went to Assessment Center Day two weeks later. The rapid fire questions were not so bad as I had heard about and the interviewers were actually pretty nice. Then there's an email drafting activity and a group case. The case performance really depends on your team quality.

ATP Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Came in mostly for a meet and great. Was not an official interview. Everyone seemed very nice. The interview was not too bad. Very nice building located in new York City

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed on campus then went to New York for a final round. There were 3 rounds to the final interview. The first was 6 five minute rotations of rapid fire interview questions. They are a mix of company, estimation, and brain teaser questions mostly. The second part they give you a packet of emails about a project and you have 20 min to write an email summarizing the project. The last part is a group case study that you then present at the end.

Interview Questions

• how many lightbulbs are in this building? How long would it take to put 50,000 books on shelves? Who is the CEO?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Superday involved 4 different exercises. Started with email writing, following which was a case study. Then you had a speed interview exercise where they asked consulting like questions and about the company. Finally, you had a group exercise of a mock client meeting and proposal.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process, wherein I had a conversation with the recruiter who said my resume had the right skill set for their management consultant position (more on that in point 4) which was then followed by an interview with 3 thirty-minute rounds and a case study.

As soon as you walk in, you are given the case study (client is looking to implement a trade capture tool, so what are your priorities within the first 3 weeks) and the 3 individuals come in to interview you. Let me get into why this was such a horrible interview process (and why it's likely a blessing in disguise that I didn't receive this offer):

1) All of the interviewers were late and didn't seem very interested in my responses to their questions (e.g. would look around the room as opposed to making eye contact). One of the interviewers was actually waving to her colleagues while I was walking through my resume.

2) They consistently bashed the Big 4 consulting firms yet all of the other candidates I met (who presumably received offers) were from the Big 4. I had a feeling that I wouldn't get the position as they would use the other candidates' Big 4 experience as a selling point to their clients, while I didn't have any consulting experience.

3) I was able to answer all of the questions from the interviewers and completed the case study with ease. However, upon receiving the follow up call from the recruiter the next day (was supposed to be in the morning but I received it in the late afternoon), I was told that my skill set wasn't what they were looking for.

4) As a follow up to point 3, the recruiter asked me what I thought about the interview before telling me that I didn't get the role because I didn't have the right skill set. I'm not sure what the purpose was behind this.

My word of advice would be to pay attention to some of the reviews on this organization as even from what they say it's a "body shop" wherein you do the grunt work for their clients.

Also, you can always tell how committed an organization truly is to their employees by how they treat their potential hires, and my experience was very negative to say the least.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult team member?   1 Answer

Capco Response

Aug 19, 2016 – Consultant

Thanks for sharing your experience from an interview event at Capco. We value the time that candidates spend with us and want their experience to be positive regardless of the outcome. While we ... More

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY).

Interview

1 HR behavioral interview then one final round with 2 separate interviews. Very straightforward and the HR department was very timely with everything they did. Overall a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions, talk about your resume, why consulting, why capco, 3 words that describe you........   Answer Question