Capco Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Capco Interview Questions in London, England

Updated Apr 13, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

5 interview stages in total. At each stage Capco's passion towards their people was abundantly visible and almost too good to believe. I can happily say I have experienced this passion first-hand in my relatively short time here.

Interview Questions

• Questions were focused on the impact of my previous assignments   Answer Question

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Zero out of ten, would not apply again.

Hiring process is pretty straightforward, with an online application followed by a recorded video interview and then an assessment evening at the office in London.

The assessment evening is where things fell apart. The offices could be described as 'trendy' but not exactly comfortable or in great shape, there were around 30 people being assessed with three stations being rotated (speed interviews, a case study and an english/maths test).

Going through each:

The speed interviews were possibly the worst run interviews I have ever experienced, they took place in a partially lit basement area with 4 consultants switching seats. The process was farcical, with the same questions asked 4 times and absurd ones like what's your favourite colour being thrown in for good measure. Most of the consultants were friendly enough but the process was a waste of time and energy on both sides

The test was relatively straight forward but there was limited time available (on a side note if the consultant can't get through a sentence with decent grammar, what's the point of a grammar test!?)

Finally the case study was simple but the consultant seemed disinterested.

To conclude.

Apply somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 24, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not enjoy the assessment evening. We use quick-fire interviewing as a way to assess how candidates think ... More

Digital Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

I was approached on LinkedIn by one of the HR team and told to send my CV. I sent my CV although there was no role my cv was aligned against - although I asked for Wealth Mgmt - I was told this was not a guarantee and if I had 'transferable skills' Capco would use this as a foundation. The telephone interview was short, snappy and as predicted I was invited to the next stage.

Due to work commitments and available interview slots, I wasn't able to interview till at least a month after. I attended the 2nd stage interview at the Capco office by Old Street, and had two interviews. The first was a skills interview with a person who had gone up the ranks at the company quicker than other - which was good for him, but I wasn't sure how that would help me during the interview process? The interview was generic and lasted around 45 mins. The second interview was with HR, and was shorter - it lasted approx 30 mins. The questions again were very generic.

Although I thought the interview went very well - I was called within 48hrs telling me I had not made the next stage - which was baffling. I had all the transferable skills, I had experience in Change Mgmt which is what Capco are all about, and I felt all the questions were answered, at least, in a satisfactory manner. The feedback provided after the interview made no sense.

All in all, I believe I was part of the interview quota companies are required to reach. In hindsight due to the rashness, care-free, lack of direction, and ultimately negative experience I believe Capco are looking for yes men to body shop.

Finally, when you're arriving for the interview and see beforehand one of your interviewers smoking right outside the building doesn't set a good example! A company that still has a lot to learn on professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Why Capco?
      What do you know about Capco?
      Why Mgmt Consultancy?
      Brief CV walkthrough and experiences picked up

- Prepare to try and fit into their culture during their interview. A company which needs its ego massaged!
      Answer Question

Apr 24, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are disappointed to hear that you describe your experience as negative. Our goal is always to provide candidates with a positive ... More

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent my resume to Capco online and within a day i was contacted by a member of their Human Capital (HR) team. The conversation over the phone with him was very quick paced - it was like he had already made a decision and no matter what I said the result would have been the same. The telephone conversation was very, very rushed! I felt like I had to speed up what i was saying because he made me feel like he was in a rush. At the end of the 7minute telephone call he tells me that he wants to progress me to the next stage of interview (first stage of face to face interviews). I received an email the next day to confirm my availability but the email was VERY cold and in my gut there was something telling me not to go to the interview. The email was not personable and the lady who emailed me had a rude tone to the email. The email felt very rushed, like no time could be wasted on this interview process, this was because it was full of spelling mistakes, missed words in sentences and I was not addressed properly. I accepted and provided my availability for the face to face interviews to which i did not receive a response. A day later i followed up asking to be sent an outlook invite and confirmation. I did receive a very cold email response via the outlook invite back to which i accepted. I then received a rude email the following day saying "Excuse me can you confirm your acceptance in writing not just outlook acceptance". This was enough for me. The poor emails, the rushed attitude, the behaviour - all warning signs for a culture i do not want to work in. The day of my interview i was stressing, i was researching all about Capco and the Financial Services industry. I then decided that this was not normal to feel so stressed and 'incompetent' for some reason. I thought the pressures, the emails sent and the tone of voice on telephone didnt suit what i was looking for. I also received another offer from a firm and decided to accept that. I wrote a very sincere email to the HR lady explaining my situation to which i receive no response back just a Cancellation outlook invite email. No further correspondence, no response, no replies. This was enough for me and confirmed my good decision to not work for a company that treats it's preliminary employees in such a way. I am glad i rejected them before giving a bad culture company the time of day. Hope this helps others out with their journey.

Interview Questions

• -Why Capco?
      -What can you tell me about the trends in the Financial Services Industry
      -What experience do you have in Financial Services
      -How far can you travel
      -What are your salary expectations (they told me a consultant role is between GBP35-45k - In my opinion way below market and other offers i received)...
      Answer Question

Mar 13, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. We are very disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience and please note that your feedback has been shared with the ... More

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

I was referred, therefore, I asked for the description of the role I was interviewing for but Capco never send it. It was interview day so I went ahead anyway. Two sets of interviews; HR (asked a list of Q's which were read off ping-pong style, not much personal interaction, rather mechanical, didn't seem to have the broader vision of Capco strategy though - balked at some questions I asked which were known even to externals. The next interviewer, a business/IT person was 20 mins late, mumbled an apology, I quickly realised my CV was not reviewed, seemed as though it was being figured out as we went along. Overall, very disorganised, unprofessional and quite shocked at this behaviour . A let down from prior high expectations.

Interview Questions

• What's your ideal role ? why Capco, why consulting ? What do you want to do that you're not doing today ? and why ? Questions were flying but the answers weren't listened to. Little to zero come-back questions.   1 Answer

Apr 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your honesty. We are very disappointed to hear of your experience. We strive to provide a positive candidate experience at all stages throughout the ... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Overall the process was not that bad but the company is obsessed with its fire round interviews and not sure whether they are actual any useful compare to traditional methods of interview. These interviews cannot conclusive conclude whether the candidate is fir for the job or not as you are interviewed by 3 different folks in short space of time, who may very well come up with different opinion about same candidate. The company also used basic mathematics test and english test, which is not that bad compare to some other companies. Either way not sure you can really convince them if you are really a right fit because you do-not know exactly what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Capco Response

Apr 4, 2017 – HR

Thank you for your feedback on our assessment process. Quick-fire interviewing is used as a way for us to assess how candidates think on their feet and react when under pressure. In a consulting ... More

Senior Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial telephone interview with the resourcing team which would discuss a brief overview of capco. After this stage my understanding is that it would lead to a meeting with the senior management team to see if there would be a fit in the business. I however didn't get this far. The resourcer missed the first scheduled call, never apologised and when rescheduled was over 20 minutes late for the next call. In addition I was then told that if I were successful I would start until January as 'consultants don't start until January' (I applied in august and the role was advertised! Awful overal impression of the firm with no enthusiasm towards the promotion of the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot about my program/delivery skill capability of banking projects and also my knowledge of Capco.   Answer Question

Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the London, UK office.

Applied online and referenced having met four Capco employees at two different recruitment events. Within a week I received initial emails from their HR manager, asking me to complete an online video interview. Clicking the link, I received three questions and had sixty seconds to answer them - the online portal gives you 30 seconds to think, and automatically films for 60 seconds, then stops.

A few days later I received another email inviting me to an assessment centre. The dress code was business casual but sadly my blazer was away for dry cleaning, but they didn't mind. We were separated into groups to perform various tasks: an English and mathematics test (easy), a rapid speed-dating-interview session for four minutes with four different employees, and finally a Q&A session with current Associates having completed the programme. The Associates pushed the idea that Capco is a welcoming company with a great and diverse pool of employees from every background, including military, english majors, and psychology majors. Finally, we changed groups and completed the case study, which was a 20 minute ticking clock including time for presentation.

Ultimately I received an invitation to come to final interviews the following week, where I met two HR managers and subsequently had a partner interview. Everyone was genuinely warm and pleasant and I believed the interview went well and that we established a great rapport. They said afterwards that they would get back to me within one week with the results.

Two weeks later I received a call where they said no, saying I 'lacked dedication to financial services' and that my background could have been more relevant. Odd, considering I have a masters in finance but admittedly from some conversations with my network the company has been very strange in who they hire this year specifically - one friend had an offer from Germany but was turned down in London.

Either way it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you disagreed with a colleague.   Answer Question
    • Explain a time when you lacked instruction from your boss and had a deadline to keep.   Answer Question
    • Why financial services? Why consulting?   Answer Question
    • What are some important things facing the financial services industry?   Answer Question

Junior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After an preliminary online technical test (Codility), I was invited to a one-day, split-session interview. I was initially scheduled to meet with two HR representatives, one of whom was ultimately not present day-of. This first interview was fairly standard HR fare, with a clear focus on your approach to teamwork, how you would resolve difficulties/conflicts with teammates, etc. Afterward, I was interviewed by two members of the engineering team. Although there were some technical questions, the main thrust of the questions was again on teamwork, as well as asking for opinions of what you would do, what technologies you would use in situation X. Finally, rather than go through the results of the technical test I completed, they asked for some simple whiteboard diagramming of logic and information flow; I did not have to write or refer to any specific syntax.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received criticism and how you responded.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

First stage: application
    2nd stage: video interview (3 questions for which you have 60 seconds to prepare each and then record you 60 second response)
    3rd stage: assessment centre. 3 parts: (a) several 5 minute interviews consisting of questions such as "what 5 people would you bring to dinner and why?" or "what would you name a movie about your life?"; (b) maths and english test; (c) group case study on a fictional company seeking to buy another fictional company and seeking your assessment as consultants.
    4th stage: interview with HR member and senior consultant, questions such as "why do you want to work in finance", "give me an example when you recieved criticism and how you dealt with it".