Capco Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Easy and straightforward
    Good interview, competency and experience based. Had to present some work I had completed. Would recommend the company.
    When have I struggled with deadlines? Communicated in a team? Handled a hard client?
    Favourite brand, strategy for the brand?

Busineess Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. I interviewed at Capco (London, England).
    Interview
    HR interview and then face to face. It was 3 stage process consists of 4 rounds. 1st with Principal consultant With competency based interview, then with HR and Case study (given a scenario on a piece of paper and given twenty minutes to come up with how you would tackle the scenario). Last round is with Partner on the same day.
    Job is offered after the client interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the challenges retail banking is facing?
      Why Capco?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by an internal recruiter via LinkedIn about an opening which suited my experience. After an initial 15 mins conversation on the phone with the recruiter, she sent me a link to apply for the job online. After applying for the role I was contacted about coming in for the an interview: interview was in 2 parts; one was conducted by HR and the other a Principal consultant. Generally questions were based around the JD) and an optional case study if I passed the first interview round.

Do not have a bad word to say about the interviewers (in total including the case study round there were three) as they generally attempted to make one feel like you were having 3 individual casual conversations with three pleasant people.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

5 stages: 1) Telephone interview with HR - find out about you and who they are. What type of skills you have, what type of work they want etc. 15mins Very easy. 2) HR interview in person - 1 hour, same as above but goes into more detail about CV. Lots of questions about previous management and training. Asked about your CV again. 3) Tech Lead interview - Lots more detail about current work and what you’re interested in, ambitions etc. Lots of detail in CV. 4) In person case study where I was asked about the first stages of a Digital Transformation, no questions on CV. 5) Partner interview - straight forward, more casual, why, who, what etc. Nothing too difficult.

Just know yourself and what you want.

Interview Questions

• What would you do during the first 10 weeks of a digital transformation? What would you deliver, who would be your key stakeholders, what would success look like and what would you do in the first 3 weeks.

Tell me about a time when you managed someone and they caused you a problem, same again but how someone has succeeded.   Answer Question

Capco Associate Talent Programmer Interview

Application

Interview

After applying online, I completed an online interview and was called in for the assessment evening at the London office. The online interview was very easy. The assessment day was a bit more intense however it was a different experience since it consisted of 3 stages; speed interviews, maths and english test, and a case study. I personally messed up during the case study because the room was very small and we were 6 in total. There was not enough space for everyone to be on one side (the table was in the middle and because there was only one set of case study question (10+ pages) everyone had to move to either side of the room which made it very hard to work and to read the case) and to contribute effectively. They only give 1 set of the case study for 6 people. You have 20 minutes to work together and 5 minutes to present.
    It was also my first assessment centre so I was a bit shocked when the others jumped on the case study and tried to lead the group and to impress the assessors in a way which was very obvious.
    And considering my feedback was that I was relaxed during the case study- Try to be very very active during the case study to secure an interview..
    The speed interviews were actually quite exiting since you have to think on the spot and have the chance to just be yourself.
    The tests were easy, just make sure you try to finish them on time since the amount given to complete them are 12 minutes which is challenging but not impossible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

4 Rounds:
    1st round was HR screening over phone
    2nd round was 2 1:1 interviews with a principal consultant and someone from HR. Basic interview talking about what I did and why I want to work there.
    3rd round was Case Study. 20 min to prepare then present to Principal Consultant. (Explain what you would hope to accomplish in the first 4 weeks of coming on in a PMO role.)
    4th Round is meeting with a partner. Pretty basic questions and just linking what I've done to what I will be doing and why I want to work there.

Offer made 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you would hope to accomplish in the first 4 weeks of coming on in a PMO role.   Answer Question

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

Due to referral, I had 2 rounds. One for a managing Principal and another with the UK lead partner. The 1st interaction was with the HR where we just talked about my experience. Usually for a managing principal, there are at least 3 proper rounds with the final being a panel presentation to two lead partners.

Next Generation Technology Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online by sending a CV and cover letter, and was contacted by email to arrange a telephone interview. Following this, I went to the office for a first round, face-to-face interview where I met with two people to discuss my CV, experience and the role. I was then invited back for a second face-to-face interview, during which I was given two very general questions and asked to reason my way through to an answer, testing my analytical thought process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Capco: Dishonest recruitment practices—inefficient, unprofessional and blatant lies.

I read the voluminous negative reviews about Capco and thought: it can’t be that bad, can it? But having now experienced what other reviewers have reported, I now know that oh yes it can. My own sorry interaction with Capco began following an innocent application with a relatively humdrum phone screening interview with an in-house recruiter. I was progressed and invited to attend a 90 minute face-to-face interview at the Capco location in Canary Wharf, with a Principal Consultant and an HR rep, to be followed, if successful, by a 45 minute case study, with a Partner, immediately afterwards.

Following the interview, I was asked to remain in the room, to be told whether I had been progressed to the case study with the Partner. After a five minute wait, an HR assistant came in, and informed me that I had indeed been progressed to the second phase. However, she advised, although a partner should have been available to meet me, no one was, which meant I would have to travel back—a round-trip train journey of 5 hours. The assistant advised that I would hear from HR with feedback and next steps. Two days later I received an email from the original HR contact who had pre-screened me. He congratulated me on a good interview, and advised he was awaiting further feedback and would be in touch regarding next steps in due course.

Almost a week later, when I hadn’t heard anything further, I sent a follow-up email asking for an update. The subsequent week, when I still hadn’t received a response, I wrote to someone higher up explaining that I had been progressed, but now HR were not providing information on next steps, and not responding to my requests for information. I also observed, in my email, that Capco’s practices had received a lot of negative publicity, and that while I preferred to keep an open mind, I was becoming concerned by the ‘radio silence’.

This person responded within the hour. He apologised for the lack of communication, promising that he would look into it and get back to me “early next week”, and reassuring me that all the negative press that Capco has received on Glassdoor and other sites is no longer representative. Capco has been completely transformed, he assured me breathlessly. Late on Wednesday—which hardly counted as “early” in the week--I received a short note from him, with an embedded note from another senior colleague, promising to phone me the next day, to advise on next steps. When she finally phoned, early evening the next day, she claimed that, in fact, I hadn’t been progressed after all. I explained that I had been told the interview had gone very well and that I had been advised I was progressed. She countered by saying that I must have “misunderstood”. When I insisted that I hadn’t, she countered again by claiming that the HR assistant didn’t have the authority to tell me that I had been progressed. When I then explained that the interviewers had told me that the assistant would come into the room to advise me of the outcome, things became even more surreal. She countered by saying that the interviewers didn’t have the authority to progress me. She then started providing feedback from the interview, that allegedly related to me, that bore no resemblance to my interview and the feedback I had actually received from the interviewers.

This all represents an object lesson in the dishonesty that underpins the Capco recruitment practice. I was invited to interview, progressed, and then, following radio silence, having to work hard to get a response, ultimately “unprogressed”. In the final analysis, there was no meaningful apology, and only discourtesy, casual indifference, and insulting behaviour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about one thing that you haven't included in your CV and that might be relevant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

It took around 1 month. First is a HR call & Skype interview, followed by a line manager interview. Then a case-study interview & a partner interview. Basically, the process went very smooth and the HR was quite friendly and responded very fast. However, they do not reimburse the interview expense even in the final stage, and the salary is not the market rate.

Interview Questions

• If you are a lead BA, how would you arrange the first stage of a system change project?   Answer Question