Capco Senior Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

30 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screen, a phone interview with a partner, interviewed in person with two senior members of capco and then a final phone interview with another partner.

The initial phone interview was rescheduled several times. After the in person interview I was called and told that they wanted to move forward. However, after not hearing back from them for a week I called and was told that they were rescinding because there were no projects available. However, they told me that I should call back in six weeks to two months to see if that changed.

After two months, I called back and was told that I would be having another phone interview with another partner. Two weeks after that phone interview when I had not heard back, I called by HR and was told that they would not be moving forward because there were no projects available. This was not a positive experience

Interview Questions

• how will your past experience help out on projects at Capco   Answer Question

Capco Response

May 10, 2017 – HR

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We are sorry that it wasn't a more positive experience for you. As a management consulting firm, we recruit for specific... More

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Capco (Washington, DC) in June 2016.

Interview

First round with the recruiter and then a phone conversation and then another phone interview with a senior person. The interviewer didn't call at the scheduled time and it was rescheduled several times.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

Call from HR followed by 2 other phone interviews. Very good people to talk to and spoke about company history and position requirements. Was given an offer immediately after 2nd interview

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview

The recruiting process was very efficient. Capco recruiter located my resume online and reached to me for a series of phone Q&A sessions. I would not call my experience an official phone interview but rather a chance for them to get to know me as a candidate and understand what my personal and professional goals were.

At an official Meet and Greet, several candidates were brought together to meet a variety of full time Capco employees. It felt very much like an informal interview process as we were encouraged to research Capco and understand their operating model, client base and basic philosophy before the event. At the event, there was a vague sense among the candidates that the more Capco employees you met, the better. From my experience, however, quality of interaction was stressed over quantity. Engaging in positive, thorough, and constructive conversations with the Capco employees in your targeted domain is an excellent approach. It is the impression you leave on a few that will get you invited back for an interview.

From the meet and greet, several candidates were invited back for a round robin interview the following week. I was interviewed in 4 sessions, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. The questions were not necessarily technically challenging but I got the distinct impression that Capco is looking for a certain "type" or person. Industry specific experience and education is not required but they were looking to understand how my skills and background were going to transfer and help Capco continue to grow its business. Be forthright, thorough, and personable at the interview. If you make a positive impression on the 4 interviewers, you have 4 advocates when it comes time to make hiring decisions.

Interview Questions

• There were no challenging technical questions. For me, not coming from a Finance background, my most challenging question was to answer "Why should Capco hire me? What specific value of diversity or perspective would I bring to the table if hired?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I heard they were going to make an offer, the recruiter asked me what my target salary would be. After two rounds of negotiations, they came in slightly below my offer but the total compensation package was more than adequate.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I did a phone screen with a recruiter in Florida who scheduled me for a mass consulting interview night. I was then contacted, a day or two later, by a recruiter in the NY office who rescheduled me for one on one interviews instead. The one on ones were with 2 principal consultants who were handling a specific account that had projects that were ramping up. The focus seemed to be on this specific client since they had a portfolio of projects with them that would need bodies thrown at it.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The interviews were behavioral and were related to my previous consulting experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me a verbal offer over the phone 2 days after the interview. The offer was lower than expected so I presented a counter. They met me half way (which I expected they would do) and I accepted. I still would have liked more money, but then again who doesn't.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

I interviewed on campus in the first round with two of the consultants. I passed the first round so they flew me up to New York for the final round interview. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation process took about a month.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that found me on Linkedin. I came in to interview with three team members in the NY office and was offered a position early the following week. The interview was challenging and made me think, but that is my cup of tea.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself fitting in forming the future of financial services technology?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Capco.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR
    2 Rounds of Technical Interview
    1 Round of Job-Fit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Capco (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Overall the process was a good one. It followed the typical recruiter, phone screen, in person interview process. I interacted with smart, thoughtful, people throughout the process. I think the interview process was well-managed by the recruiter. Capco is certainly a company I would consider working if the right opportunity comes along.

Interview Questions

• Honestly the interview questions were mostly routine, nothing particularly difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Capco (Plano, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

The company is looking for people but getting on can be difficult just because they drag their feet. I had to call them a couple of times to get my interview scheduled. I think it is just because everyone is really busy. My interview was in person but since there offices are only in New York, Chicago and California that your interview may only be by phone. Fresh out of college can be required to be on-site in one of the three offices. Experienced staff will work remotely. Expect travel, every other week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are a few groups at Capco where most is Financial. The technology group that I joined has a few basic titles in that group. Consultant, Senior Consultant, Managing Principal are common.. My rate was set in the middle for my title so there wasn't a lot of negotiation. Review the rates on GlassDoor so you can decide for your self if you should be on the higher range of the band for the title they offer you.