Capcom Vancouver Interview Questions in Canada | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 30, 2016

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capcom Vancouver

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Capcom Vancouver.

Interview

There was a phone screen mostly asking about C++ questions. Then there was a three round paired on site interview. Two pairs of engineers and then a project manager and a designer. Each round took roughly one hour. After about 24 hours an offer was given. Very fast turn around.

Interview Questions

• What does the sizeof operator do   1 Answer
    • How does C++ handle polymorphism   1 Answer
    • Implement a function that returns the depth of a binary tree   1 Answer
    • What does the cross and dot product to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Would not negotiate.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Capcom Vancouver (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

First had a phone HR screen interview as with most companies, nothing wrong there,

Second interview which was on Skype for a technical check clearly illustrate the incompetence of the company. While usually most companies start with a bit of background information or give the interviewee a chance to elaborate about his past experience, these guys just just said their names and started off asking questions right off the bat, felt very rough/unprofessional. Also while most interview usually try to find out the depth of the interviewees experience in certain areas by asking first some simpler questions and then go to more advanced topics; these folks resorted to asking a grand total of 2-3 questions each very specific to certain area of game development, which clearly failed in any way to grasp the technical expertise of that person. For example, 2 questions were asked about C++, which should be considered ridiculous to assume that this could assess ones knowledge in that area. For another company I had a 10 page quiz just about C++, probably around 60 questions in total (thus guys gave me an offer for that C++ role).
    What really rubs me the wrong way is that these guys were supposed to get a good picture of your technical expertise but completely failed in doing so and thus handicapped their own decision making.

Anyway, I believe you get the idea. Be prepared to be asked a couple of random questions and happen to know them. Though at this point, it should be clear that you probably don't want to work for these guys anyway.

Interview Questions

• You have two points (in this case people), each with a vector. What would be the most efficient step to calculate if they can see each other. (Also add in obstacles and deal with them)   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Capcom Vancouver (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

This is not typical, but I received an email from the studio director who had been given my name by former colleagues from another studio. We arranged a time and met in his office where we talked about the role and what I could bring to it.

Next I had a Skype interview with the team at Capcom in California.

Interview Questions

• What do you love best about working in the games industry?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Capcom Vancouver.

Interview

guys around a table asking questions. some logic. some applied programming. some back ground. some video game related. there was an initial, very easy phone screen. an offer was made immediately-- same day.

Software Engineer II Interview

Interview

Their technical questions were very easy. They were typical questions you could google the answers for if you looked them up ahead of time. Phone screen followed by an in person interview. They gave me an offer that same day, in the afternoon. Very impressed with the speed of their process. HR staff is super friendly.