Cape Counseling Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Cape Counseling Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Cape Counseling

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Cape Counseling.

Interview

I applied online. Saw an opening on their website, emailed HR, they emailed by back quickly. Set up time for an interview, interviewed with management in the department, got a call back within a few days from HR offering me a full time job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate (no prior experience). I don't think they would have been flexible.

Residential Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape May Court House, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Cape Counseling (Cape May Court House, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

Fairly standard. Heard back about a week after sending in resume. Came in for a group interview, which then segued into a solo interview. Three different heads of departments interviewed me and asked me lots of situational questions such as, "How would you handle a crisis?" Failed to mention many job responsibilities, such as administering medications to clients (which is illegal).

Interview Questions

• Say a client was becoming aggressive, how would you deescalate them?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond in a crisis situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you think it would be harder to work with kids or adults?   Answer Question

Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape May Court House, NJ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Cape Counseling (Cape May Court House, NJ) in July 2010.

Interview

I first received a call from the HR department stating that they had received my resume and application and that they would like to offer me a chance to interview if I was still interested in the position. During the first interview I met with the head of HR and the manager who would oversee the department I would potentially be working for. They asked the normal questions that I would have anticipated for a therapist position: any issues with client boundaries, what experience have you had with diverse backgrounds, etc. On top of those questions there were also the typical: what would you bring to this company, what would past employers say about your work ethic, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't really anything to negotiate. Pay and schedule were non-negotiable.